SSL 4000 G Series EQ PCB

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll wait as well until you've finished all the boards, so far it looks amazing though. Look forward to giving this project a go. You can get all the pots from AML in small quantities but they aren't that cheap, thankfully most of what else goes in this design is. Are all the pots going to be mounted to the front panel daughter board? I could only see 6 or so in the picture you put together, are there some pots to be mounted at the top and some at the bottom of that PCB? Any idea when you expect the build to be ready?

The front pbc consists of two seperate boards that are sandwidched together with a few standoffs. I just haven't included the second pcb in the drawing.

I'm quite sure I can make the design ready within two months or so.

Yes, I have some good news. We stuffed the main pcb and tested it directly in a SSL 4K console and it works perfectly.
I expect the additonal pcb for the pots and the case design to be ready in jan or feb 2014 !

1477979_539979709412463_1495859322_n.jpg

That is excellent! Congrats!

It would be fantastic if you could one day try to do a comparison in behavior of your eq when inserted in a SSL console vs. standalone racked! Maybe some A/B recording we could all hear (wishful thinking... 8))
I was always wondering how much of "the sound" comes from the rest of the channel in a SSL console, and how much is the eq itself. The characteristic sound of this particular eq is mindblowing! Especially G type!

;)

Any info about:
total cost of pcb+parts+case for a stereo unit ?
about input - output stage possible some transformer option for different sound "flavours"?
peace
R.

Back