SSL 9K & 4K (E Series) 500 / 51X NEW BOARDS Mic Pre Thread 2011

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Bruno,
I have buy the ssl4k board, and I Should install the transformer OEP 262A3c.

This transformer have 2 bifilar primaries and 2 bifilar secondaries.

The primaries are in series in your schematic with total impedance 600ohm, and the secondary are in parallel with total impedance 6.25k.

In this way, the ratio would be 1:3 about

This is correct?

Thanks.

audiorock said:
Hi Bruno,

The primaries are in series in your schematic with total impedance 600ohm, and the secondary are in parallel with total impedance 6.25k.

This is correct?

Thanks.

Both primaries should be in series, and both secondaries shold be in series as well.
Best,
Bruno2000

bruno2000 said:
audiorock said:
Hi Bruno,

This is correct?

Both primaries should be in series, and both secondaries shold be in series as well.
Best,
Bruno2000

Thanks.

Where is the reply?

Hi Guys !
about the 2,2uF caps in the 9K5 , i found farnell has polypropylene Wima MKP4 with correct 22.5 spacings :
http://fr.farnell.com/wima/mkp4f042205i00kssd/condensateur-10-2-2uf-250v/dp/1890283?Ntt=WIMA+MKP4
in case anybody's lloking for them ..
regards,
Francois

what do i use for C11 & C18 if I go with the Jensen transformer for the 4k build?

Toure14 said:
also what is used for R8 & R16 for the Jensen trafo?

Hi, You must only use R8=150K or 100K (jensen 115 sec=15K, jensen 110 sec=10K).
In original SSL4k schema with jensen transformers, all other values should be omitted.

Okay thanks I added R8 value of 150K resistor. Just to double check I don't need a component for R16 C11 & C18 when using the Jensen trafo correct?

On the schematic for the 4k5 C18 shows a value of 100pF. SO again just checking?

Toure14 said:
can anyone confirm my last post here in regards to the 4k5?

the c18 capacitor, is for a security issue, in my opinion (a clean source for secondary or load).

Anyway, the value 100pF is very smal and you can also add this capacitor value. The different is very minimal, try!

In my version I use the trasformer EA2622 with c18= 100pF.

Toure14 said:
thank you i can finally place my bom order
remember that c18 = 100pF must be a film capacitor (polyester or silvermica),
In my opinion also c61 must be a film capacitor (feedback) . I have inserted the silvermica in my version.

I don't see it on here anywhere but where is everyone sourcing their knobs from? I want something closet the SSL style of knobs for my 9k5 and 4k5. Is there a certain measurement I need to look for?

Here's the one I used.
Having all resistors on hand, I did not input Mouser parts #, if you add this please share it here.
Very happy with the two 9K500 I built !

Cheers, Piotr.

Attachments

• SSL 9K 51X - Mouser BOM - 060311.xlsx.pdf
    39.6 KB · Views: 64
Back