STA-Level type case to suit Bernbrue's PCB's - Feeler and Forum input * PICS *

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Chaps,

I've chased up the cases with my metalworker, he has apologised profusely for making us wait this long. They have been stuck on a major construction project which is planned for completion today.
So, as far as things go, I should have the prototype and prices back very soon.
Massive apologies regarding this chaps, but out of all the metalworkers I have tried out, these are the best and I'm going to stick to my guns with them. It's just a pain as they are so busy.

Murdock and thomasdf - I have two of the original prototype cases here, and you are more than welcome to buy these from me - you can have them for the cost I paid for them ( £80 + shipping. ) these have no cutouts, and are not silkscreened, however, they are powdercoated.

I am as eager to get this underway as all of you, So as soon as I know, I'll let you know.
Best,
Steve

Right Chaps,

I've had the quotes back from my metalworker.

If one to five people want the powdercoated, silkscreened, punched ready to go cases, then we are looking at  £225 each.
if ten to twenty people want the powdercoated, silkscreened, punched ready to go cases, then we are looking at  £205 each.
if twenty plus people want the powdercoated, silkscreened, punched ready to go cases, then we are looking at  £185 each.

The reason for the increase on the previous post is that they were based on the original version of my design, not the newer version with all holes punched, transformer screening assembly etc.

All prices will be excluding VAT (if applicable).  Paypal and shipping fees will be added on top after I know your postal location.

I will be setting up another post for actual orders, as well as a seperate post for transformer orders, and pot orders.
Hopefully I can get around to doing this in the next couple of days.

If anyone wants blank cases ( no holes punched no silkscreen etc) then the original price quotes will be applicable.

Best,
Steve

Chaps,
Forgot to say - as well as getting the screwdriver adjust pots made, I've also had 600 ohm attenuators made. Should suit the output of the Stalevel wonderfully.
I haven't had a price break quote yet, but I should have them at the latest by tuesday.
Here's a pic.

These will suit any 600 ohm application, 1176 input attenuators, classic module rack ups etc.
I'm currently using them for taming the outputs of API 312's, Neve 1060's, ( as output faders) and they work great.

Best,
Steve

Hi Chaps,

The final 'prototype ' case shouldnt be too long now, I had a lead time of four weeks, so they should be here very soon.
I'd like to make sure first, before posting the full order thread that everything lines up correctly ( which I'm sure they will !)
I can then post a pic at the top of the order thread with all boards / transformers / etc fitted.

Then we are good to go !

Best,
Steve

Nice for the T Pad, looks great.

let us know something when you have them.

Andrey from St Petersburg also had 600ohm T PAD made, they work great also. check the thread here:

http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=61303.msg776508#msg776508

Hi Chaps,
I've been informed that the two proto cases are arriving to me, Thursday morning :)
I'll do a complete test fit, and then I'll open the orders post.
Can't wait !!

Here's the email -
Hi Steve.

The prototypes are being manufactured this weekend, to go to coaters Tuesday, so all being well I will dispatch Wednesday to be with you Thursday Morning.
Apologies for delay.

Kind regards

Richard

Hi chaps,
the prototype cases have turned up :)
However, I'm on holidays with the family at the moment - I'm back Friday evening and can't wait to see them !!
As soon as I'm home, I'll be uploading the pics.

Best,
Steve

Latest posts

Back