Telefunken ELA M 251 Clone Tube Microphone Build Thread (D-Ela M 251E)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Delta, okay tested R3, R5 both 58.5. R2 is 53.1. My thinking now is the trany’s the culprit since I’m getting no signal out of the mic. Is there a way to test this? Again much thanks.

Thanks Delta, okay tested R3, R5 both 58.5. R2 is 53.1. My thinking now is the trany’s the culprit since I’m getting no signal out of the mic. Is there a way to test this? Again much thanks.
You can measure the resistance/conductivity of each coil and that they are non-conductive to each other. Other than that you can feed it a sine wave and see what’s coming out on the other end.

BR
Michael

You can measure the resistance/conductivity of each coil and that they are non-conductive to each other. Other than that you can feed it a sine wave and see what’s coming out on the other end.

BR
Michael
Thanks Michael, I’ll try your suggestions. I’m assuming the trany needs to be removed from the circuit to do the tests.

Much appreciated

Thanks Michael, I’ll try your suggestions. I’m assuming the trany needs to be removed from the circuit to do the tests.

Much appreciated
for measuring the resistance/conductivity not necessarily. also if you feed the sine wave right into the coil, i do not see a point why it should be removed. just do not power up the mic, as it‘s not nessecary and complicates handling (safety regards).

good luck - hope you find the fix fast.

BR
Michael

Checked the capsule and the backplates are shorted. Would this be a cause for no signal output?
Depends on pattern selection - but at least in cardioid there should be no influence on that (the second Half of the capsule is "offline" in that polar pattern). At least according to the original schematic. Which schematic did you use again?

BR

Latest posts

Back