UTM INDUSTRY audio transformers - from Poland - EU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello

I can't find the datasheet and especially the wire color code for the UTM 2510 I have bought from you ?
It's not on the website's page and not in the UTM_Catalog2B.pdf catalog ... I think an update should be made :)

Thanks in advance

The perfect 33609 Clone Transformers for a DR609 DIY Racked build:

Input Line Transformer is UTM 2546 = Carnhill VTB 9046 = Marinair 31267

Interstage Transformer is UTM 2545 = Carnhill VTB 9045 = Marinair 10468

Output ungapped Transformer is UTM 3556 = Carnhill VTB 9056 = Marinar LO1173

Clean, airy Hi's, proper analog Lowend, not "washy" dense transparent Mids. Super sounding pieces similar to Lundahls...😌🤌❤️

Attachments

• PXL_20221112_125430885.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221112_125430885.MP.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 13
has anyone tried the UTM 0512 AKG C12 transformer? How large is it, i.e., does it take bass better than a t14 style?

I second the hope for a non-"improved" UTC 0-12 ouncer. There is something great about those that need to be the same sort of funky.

https://utmindustry.com/utm2572Looks like there is a new mic input transformer, nominally close to what I was hoping for, V72 style 1:10 or 1:20 input, yet in the description it also says 1:4 and 1:8. Which is it? If it's the latter I'm not interested. Fantastic work so far Igor!
EDIT for spurious claims

Last edited:
https://utmindustry.com/utm2572Looks like there is a new mic input transformer, nominally close to what I was hoping for, V72 style 1:10 or 1:20 input, yet in the description it also says 1:4 and 1:8. Which is it? If it's the latter I'm not interested. And not to be picky but when I said "high level" I meant something in the vein of the old Langevin IPTs; 1:15 or close with very large cores and heavy shielding. That last few Db of voltage gain helps with the noise floor, and the large cores are significant in reducing distortion when hot condensers are used on loud sources, e.g., kit, horns. Distorted guitar actually might benefit from the smaller transformers. The structure required to make a high ratio, high level IPT also results in more phase shift and other externalities, which contribute to the sound of classic tube preamps. Thus I would pay a significant premium for one of these. Fantastic work so far Igor!
√(50000÷150)= 18,3 Ratio, prim parallel
√(50000÷600)= 9,1 Ratio, prim serial
BR

√(50000÷150)= 18,3 Ratio, prim parallel
√(50000÷600)= 9,1 Ratio, prim serial
BR
Thanks, I get that if 50k: 150/600 is true then the 1:10/20 ration is correct, but what bugs me is the fact that it also says 150/600:10k. Which is correct?

You have two primary windings on this transformer with each 300 Ohm, and only one secondary winding with 50K:

-If you connect the two primary windings - like two resistors - in series, you will get on the primary side 300 + 300 Ohm = 600 Ohms. So you have 600/50k with the 9.1 Ratio

If you connect two 300 ohm windings in series you get 1200 ohms not 600. They are not resistors you are adding. What you have done is double the number of turns which quadruples the impedance. It does halve the turns ratio though.

Cheers

Ian

I guess I'm not getting my answer from IGS. On another note, I went ahead and purchased those C12 transformers. I will let you all know what I think, maybe some sound samples as well.

Great to see C cores becoming part of the product range Igor ,
Can the 2660 be used backwards as step down transformer or could it be wired as a center tapped anode load choke?
Is it possible to supply these with a gapped core ?

I was looking at the KlarkTecnik La2a and Pultec style EQ ,
would make great candidates for a UTM9050 in the traditional style at the back of the enclosure ,
The internal SMPS is only fit for the garbage pile in a few years anyway .

Last edited:
Can the 2660 be used backwards as step down transformer
Yes, it can. It's an "LL1660 XXL version" with a larger, nanocrystalline core with more low and hi-end frequencies. There are PP and Gapped/15mA options available.
You're still asking for a new release of the UTM9050, so we'll prepare it soon. More suitable for the legendary LA2A '68 version. Stay tuned.
Ordered on the 7th of Dec, received today,
We do our best to ship packages as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Has anyone used the UTM3590 for an RCA BA-2 circuit yet? Have the circuit up with stock voltages on the test bench using that transformer in 9K6:600 but have a severe bass rolloff going on that I've isolated to the output section. With 16H primary inductance @ 100HZ, I'm thinking this isn't actually an optimal transformer for the BA2 circuit (which the spec sheet says the transformer was designed for.)

Yes, it can. It's an "LL1660 XXL version" with a larger, nanocrystalline core with more low and hi-end frequencies. There are PP and Gapped/15mA options available.
You're still asking for a new release of the UTM9050, so we'll prepare it soon. More suitable for the legendary LA2A '68 version. Stay tuned.

We do our best to ship packages as soon as possible.

Many thanks!
Hi igs,
can you tell my the dimensions of the UTM9050
Many Thanks
Johnny1234

I guess I'm not getting my answer from IGS.
I'm curious also so I'll restate the question.

There's definitely some typos on this description because the numbers are inconsistent with each other. Is the secondary 10k, 50k, or 60k? The description says all three in various places (in bold). ratio = sqrt(sec/pri)

From the website:

UTM2572
This is 1:10 or 1:20 mic or line input, high ratio, 150/600:10k, transformer. Recommended for vintage Telefunken V72 circuits. Also suitable as a high-ratio input transformer with high level capability for tube mic preamps.

Ratio: 1:10, 1:20
Impedance: 150/600:50k

Back