UTM INDUSTRY audio transformers - from Poland - EU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread was started by myself so I know more than anyone else what this thread is about.

I presented helpfull advice,
If it’s not needed then you can just move on.

Good Luck

come on guys, how many times should I be called on to moderate one thread... Is it transformers that make people funny, or just the people?

Can you please point out what was the problem exactly?
Don't see any problem going on here, neither anything that is remarkably close to break any forum rules.

Your post seems completely out of place with the respectful and informative content of this thread.

So if there's any problem, please let us know clearly what it is.

I will not copy past all the forum rules here, because I know all of them and you also know all of them.
But I will leave here at least the most broken one:

"4. You will find that the members of this community are courteous and respectful of each other, so please reciprocate those gestures. Leave the flame-war mentality at another forum. Personal attacks and generally hateful comments (regarding race, religion, gender, sex, etc...) will not be tolerated."

I didn't see any disrespect, flame-war mentality, Personal attacks and generally hateful comments here, actually far from it.
So care to explain?

Do you want me to lock this thread? You can always start a new one.

If there's any reason to lock any thread, like breaking any forum rules, you should lock it if you wish for sure.
It's not the case here so coming here and threatening people doesn't really make any sense at all.

Being a moderator carries a responsibility of analysing each situation, and be patient to understand when there's any reason to intervene or not.
I completely understand that being a moderator is hard work, but that's the reason only a few are chosen to be so. A moderator has also to think if he wants to carry that burden or not, at the same time be honest and step down if he feels tired of doing so and if he feels that doesn't have the proper conditions (energy, patience, fairness) at the present to do it properly.

A "Western movie" style approach to enter a a saloon cowboy style and threatening everyone with a gun without any reason is far from good or fair moderation.

It's not the first time that you do this, entering a thread , threat everyone to lock it and didn't even check if there was evidence for doing so or not.
You already did this in this thread in "Feb 11, 2023", back then you were a gentlemen and admitted that it was a mistake and apologized.
I hope you do the same now or explain us what forum rules were broken and why you are threatening us members to lock this thread.

Thanks

Last edited:
Building tube mic with Maiku K47 and UTM 0547 transformer. It’s been 10 days since I place an order from utm . Still nothing, not even shipped.
Is there a waiting list I’m not aware of ?
Thanks

When I read posts #321 and 322, I thought: what is it that makes people feel insulted so promptly?

I didn’t feel insulted in any way. Neither there was anything close to an insult in those 2 posts that you mentioned.

So being also a moderator here, I ask you is there any reason to come here threaten to lock this thread?

On what basis would this thread be locked?

I didn’t feel insulted in any way. Neither there was anything close to an insult in those 2 posts that you mentioned.
Good for you. To make it clear, you're not the one I was targetting. As you said, you "presented helpfull advice". Levin's curt answer was ... curt.
From your tone in post #322, I know you resented it.
Now, are we gonna make a mountain out of this mouse?
So being also a moderator here, I ask you is there any reason to come here threaten to lock this thread?
Ask JR...

I responded after the thread was reported to the moderators.

I have found that threatening to lock a thread usually quiets down aggressive posters. I have locked a few threads over the years to stop repeated bad behavior.
On what basis would this thread be locked?
Perhaps if the complaints continued.... but they didn't, so there was no reason to lock the thread. In fact I think a different forum member asked that the thread not be locked, and it wasn't.

JR

Building tube mic with Maiku K47 and UTM 0547 transformer. It’s been 10 days since I place an order from utm . Still nothing, not even shipped.
Is there a waiting list I’m not aware of ?
Thanks
I think I read it was safe to assume 6 weeks from time of purchase to expect delivery . Guessing location would move that time a bit.

Still nothing, not even shipped.
We have a lot of orders, so some of them are delayed. Sorry for that. But I'm sure, we'll ship your one early next week.

Hey guys, why do you want to close this thread? All the UTM users are very happy with the transformers. We receive positive feedback everyday and a lot of returning clients. Our catalog is still growing. We'll launch the new V72 transformers next week. The Fairchild set will come next. What's wrong with it?

Last edited:
Now, are we gonna make a mountain out of this mouse?

Ask JR...

For sure not me, but JR really made a mountain out of nothing.
He came here aggressively threatening to Lock this thread without any reason.
You didn’t reply to my question addressed to you and were evasive.

So, was there any reason to Threat to Lock this thread?

For sure not me, but JR really made a mountain out of nothing.
He came here aggressively threatening to Lock this thread without any reason.
You didn’t reply to my question addressed to you and were evasive.

So, was there any reason to Threat to Lock this thread?
I don't enjoy repeating myself but apparently that is necessary for some people.

I came here because the thread was reported to the moderation center... (all moderators got an email alert about this thread complaint. )

perhaps read my post from yesterday... nothing has changed UTM INDUSTRY audio transformers - from Poland - EU

I agree that somebody indeed is making a mountain out (of a molehill) nothing.

Please try to get over this, whatever you think it is.

JR

I responded after the thread was reported to the moderators.

And did you “Read the thread before posting” ?
Did you read the reported post and analysed if there was any reason for the “report” or of it was uncalled for and non-sense?

Because anyone can report a post or a thread, but that doesn’t mean there’s any reason to support that report.

Your Neighbour can go to the Police report that you are a Serial Killer, should the special units Police enter your house with shotguns and arrest you without investigating if theres any evidence for the reported claims?

Well thats exactly what you did.
It’s the second time you did this in this thread, so the second time you disturbed and cluttered this thread with unsustained threats.
You did that also in the past in other threads. It’s an erratic behaviour that no other moderator does and that you shouldn’t do also.

I have found that threatening to lock a thread usually quiets down aggressive posters. I have locked a few threads over the years to stop repeated bad behavior.

There was and there aren’t any aggressive posters here, so there’s also no reason for any threats of any sort.

Also the only aggressive post here was yours, and that is actually the only post in this thread that should be reported.
I hope that also other moderators check the Reported posts, because they need to intervene and moderate your interventions and unfair and agressive style of what you might call “moderation”.
This situation cannot be perpetuated and should stop.

I’m sure none of the members and most moderators don’t want that the moderation in this forum to become a tyrannical endeavour. So it’s good to put stuff back on track, bring back fairness and avoid the possibility of the above situation.

Perhaps if the complaints continued.... but they didn't, so there was no reason to lock the thread.

There was no reason for you to write here threatening in the first place.

And you also didn’t reply to any of my questions.
Not even to
Most simple one that is , what forum rules what broken?

I don't enjoy repeating myself but apparently that is necessary for some people.

I prefer to call people by their names instead and be frontal.

I also don’t like to repeat myself but it seems that is necessary for you more than other people.

First,
You didn’t reply to most of my questions,
Then you didn’t addressed that your post threatening us was aggressive, unfair and uncalled for.
It seems this time you have problems in apologising and admitting you were wrong, something at least you did the last time.
Instead of that you prefer to attack me like you did in the above post.

Your reason for threatening us makes no sense whatsoever, and I clearly explained that in my last post.

Think and Read before Threatening anyone JR

I hope other moderators intervene on you and let you know the same

Last edited:
I'm a bit late but now I realize that my reply could be way more polite, my apologies to Whoops!

Mate, I didn’t see any problem with your post all good.
I didn’t know that you already know Moby transformers and I didn’t know UTM was offering mic transformers also.
My “Good Luck” was honest and friendly

Best Regards

I hope other moderators intervene on you and let you know the same
From Levin "I'm a bit late but now I realize that my reply could be way more polite, my apologies to Whoops!"
It just shows that what one thinks is perfectly innocent could be perceived by others as somewhat inflamatory.
If you were one second in our shoes, you would understand. Our job is not ultra simple; you think it's just about enforcing the rules.
Think it over, if it was that simple, the job of judges would be trivial and there would be no need for lawiers, advocates and juries.
We value your inputs, but you are in the mood of the times, too prompt to find a reason to feel offensed.

I already wrote here that I know that being a moderator is hard work, so I don't think that

The reality is from the 3 moderators that are active in the forum, you, Jakob and JR,
only JR has the behaviour of entering a thread and without reading or analysing the situation or check if there's any reason to intervene, goes directly to threaten everyone in that thread to Lock it down.
You and Jakob never done this, and I'm in this forum for a long time.
JR is doing this all the time, and after so many times people will notice, and the older members will complain for sure, and they have a reason to do so.
Moderation gives power to someone inside a forum and there's a responsibility of using it properly.

So it's an unfair, aggressive and uncalled attitude of just one moderator and not of all of you.

The subject matter of what I'm saying and asking in all the post is plain simple,

Should a moderator threaten to close a thread just because someone reported a post, without even read and check if that report has fundament?
Was it a correct procedure from JR?
Is this how the moderation in this forum should be conducted?

You can go around in circles, and point me as culprit, like you just did, or even attack me like JR did to evade the subject here. It's what you're doing.

So, do want to finally stop evading the subject and continuing to distract and pointing to me or another member and answer the important question:

Was there any reason to Threaten to Lock this thread?
Your complaints about me have been registered again...

JR

Latest posts

Back