UTM INDUSTRY audio transformers - from Poland - EU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it's an unfair, aggressive and uncalled attitude of just one moderator and not of all of you.
I agree, we have a problem here with an old man who can't deal with his real-life loss of relevance. That is why he appears here as a wannabe Wyatt Earp and threatens people for no reason and does not shy away from destroying real virtual existences.

We have had several cases where this guy has simply deleted long-time members without any possibility of defence.

Personally, the guy has already threatened to delete me. Why? I quote: "because I can do it".

I will never accept this behaviour and clearly say we are not done with each other yet. Feel free to start another poll Wyatt, we don't need you here, this is not your "baby" there will be Groupdiy after you.

We have 3 moderators here, two are doing a great job, one is a problem case. Who controls the controllers? Where can you take action against such a guy who abuses his power for selfish reasons?

I am curious to see how long this post will be here. Every time I ask these questions my post is deleted.

Too harsh words? How would you react if you were threatened by such guy? I'm not talking about deleting a thread. He wanted to delete me...

All I can say is - UTMs are world class stuff......

Here are some pictures I've built over the last year with UTM. 553 EQ 500' EQs, PIE Comp, UA 75b, 33609, FC 627, 49 OA Mic, 47Fet Mic, 87i Mic.... I'm currently in a pair of D-47 dual GE407 tube mics with Poctops PCBs and UTM0547 TX deepened. Fantastic signature, like always....

(And one wish: Please stay on topic and continue disputes in another topic. I personally don't like "watered down" topics- they get at a point unmanageable and therefore pointless. I thank you from the bottom of my heart folks, Cheers🍻❤️ )

Attachments

• PXL_20220421_172926956.jpg
    PXL_20220421_172926956.jpg
    647.6 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20220421_171618408.jpg
    PXL_20220421_171618408.jpg
    809.4 KB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20220602_143829265.jpg
    PXL_20220602_143829265.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20220602_155628332~2.jpg
    PXL_20220602_155628332~2.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20220626_152052832.jpg
    PXL_20220626_152052832.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
  • PXL_20220626_152430698~2.jpg
    PXL_20220626_152430698~2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20221112_125430885.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221112_125430885.MP.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20221112_124946338.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221112_124946338.MP.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20230424_193850710.jpg
    PXL_20230424_193850710.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20230425_201242516.jpg
    PXL_20230425_201242516.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20230514_082505320.jpg
    PXL_20230514_082505320.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230514_132227344.jpg
    PXL_20230514_132227344.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230506_215222341.jpg
    PXL_20230506_215222341.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • PXL_20230518_170755256.jpg
    PXL_20230518_170755256.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230610_114453.jpg
    20230610_114453.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230610_220956.jpg
    20230610_220956.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
All I can say is - UTMs are world class stuff......

Here are some pictures I've built over the last year with UTM. 553 EQ 500' EQs, PIE Comp, UA 75b, 33609, FC 627, 49 OA Mic, 47Fet Mic, 87i Mic.... I'm currently in a pair of D-47 dual GE407 tube mics with Poctops PCBs and UTM0547 TX deepened. Fantastic signature, like always....
Wow, what a collection! Fabulous work.
(And one wish: Please stay on topic and continue disputes in another topic. I personally don't like "watered down" topics- they get at a point unmanageable and therefore pointless. I thank you from the bottom of my heart folks, Cheers🍻❤️ )
Fully agree. 🍻

Wow, that's an impressive collection! (y)
And one wish: Please stay on topic and continue disputes in another topic. I personally don't like "watered down" topics- they get at a point unmanageable and therefore pointless. I thank you from the bottom of my heart folks, Cheers🍻
I agree, no one needs that. But In the case of personal attacks and threats, a line is crossed, I will never accept this.
Cheers🍻

Nobody is asking you to accept it - just please move it to the brewery where it belongs.

Cheers

Ian
No, that was in the right place. I don't post in the brewery anymore, this is Wyatt Earp land.

I will continue to post when such incidents occur again.

I have made my position clear and would actually prefer to keep this thread on topic now.

If anyone needs to talk further, feel free to send me a PM.

Cheers

Nobody is asking you to accept it - just please move it to the brewery where it belongs.

Cheers

Ian

Sorry Ian, you're great and I highly respect you,
but the situation happened here and not in the brewery, I presented straight replies and questions to an unfair, uncalled and aggressive threat JR made here.

This is not a brewery situation , this is a situation for the moderators to take action and intervene on a moderator that acts like a loose cannon and has no conditions whatsoever at the present to be a moderator in this forum.

Even if I don't write about this situation in this thread any longer, the subject is not over, Action is needed

I agree, we have a problem here with an old man who can't deal with his real-life loss of relevance. That is why he appears here as a wannabe Wyatt Earp and threatens people for no reason and does not shy away from destroying real virtual existences.

We have had several cases where this guy has simply deleted long-time members without any possibility of defence.

Personally, the guy has already threatened to delete me. Why? I quote: "because I can do it".

I will never accept this behaviour and clearly say we are not done with each other yet. Feel free to start another poll Wyatt, we don't need you here, this is not your "baby" there will be Groupdiy after you.

We have 3 moderators here, two are doing a great job, one is a problem case. Who controls the controllers? Where can you take action against such a guy who abuses his power for selfish reasons?

I am curious to see how long this post will be here. Every time I ask these questions my post is deleted.

Too harsh words? How would you react if you were threatened by such guy? I'm not talking about deleting a thread. He wanted to delete me...
Every time? 🤔
====
BTW this thread was reported again this afternoon by a forum member suggesting that commercial offers should be in a white market thread.

JR

Would really really appreciate it if this thread went back to Igor's transformers, and that people can let go of their grievances rather than hang on to them. It is very frustrating to see people making valuable contributions being ignored because their are grievances from others members that "must" be aired.

I myself really like UTM transformers, and having signal transformers sold from EU is very welcome. Edcor are nice to deal with also, but the shipping just kills it.

Do agree that, given that this is commercial, the white market is a better place for it.

Every time? 🤔
====
BTW this thread was reported again this afternoon by a forum member suggesting that commercial offers should be in a white market thread.

JR

We talked about that in the past, and the conclusion, from you also was that this was not a commercial thread and no topic involves an exchange of money, it's just an information thread.
I did this thread so that people could discuss UTM transformers, the options UTM offers and could talk to member igs directly so could present their questions and their doubts, the thread has stayed like that ever since.
And igs is not advertising products with prices, asking people to buy or even showing a sale contact or place to buy it, he is just replying to people and informing.
This is not even a thread from igs or UTM.

If there's any post that involves exchange of money in any way, that post can be addressed and people asked to remove it.

Last edited:
Would really really appreciate it if this thread went back to Igor's transformers, and that people can let go of their grievances rather than hang on to them. It is very frustrating to see people making valuable contributions being ignored because their are grievances from others members that "must" be aired.

No grievances from my part whatsoever, it's much more important and deep than that, it's the basis and structure of this forum that is being talked about, without that this or any other thread wouldn't exist. The present and future of this forum can depend if a moderator can use his power to do what it pleases, above anyone else, above the forum rules, above the other moderators and without any explanation to the community.

The unfair, uncalled and aggressive Threat to lock this thread was posted here, so here is the correct place to discuss it.

If you or anyone else don't like it you can start another thread on UTM transformers if you wish.
But the discussion about the way JR entered this thread and threat everyone to look the thread without any reason for it, and the way that he continued and continues to evade the subject might continue here as it's the correct place to be.

Do agree that, given that this is commercial, the white market is a better place for it.

And you're completely wrong, and should rethink what you wrote.
This is in no way a commercial thread, and not similar in any way to any White Market thread, this is an information and discussion thread that doesn't involve the exchange of money, and it was not even started by UTM or igs.
Misinformation doesn't help in any way

Please read the forum rules, rule number 3:

"3. Topics involving the exchange of money should be kept only to the Black Market or White Market."

I'm slowly getting a headache 🥴 No one sells a part directly here, only applications, measurements and opinions are shown here, and nothing else. This has nothing at all to do with the white thread, no comercial trades,.... please read the whole thread before making reports or similar....🍻

I am trying to ignore this thread, but it keeps getting reported....

To a casual observer it looks like some commercial products are being promoted.

Try to be more clear that those products are not for sale.

JR

I recently placed another order with UTM for some bits (two inductors and an input transformer) that I’ll be using in a small upcoming personal project based on some of Ian’s great work. I’m really excited because my past experiences with UTM products have been excellent. I’ll report back as I slowly finish working my way through the project.

FWIW, I don’t believe that this thread belongs in the White Market. @Whoops started the thread in the interest of sharing [what was at that time] a relatively unfamiliar source of transformers, and after someone tagged Igor, he was (and continues to be) nice enough to chime in and answer questions. He may be enjoying some commercial benefit thanks to this, but it’s hardly advertising. At most, this is word-of-mouth promotion with the added benefit of being able to ask questions directly to the manufacturer. Perhaps casual observers should not be so quick to assume they have fully understood - and are therefore in a position to judge - what they are seeing.

Latest posts

Back