What medium are the members of the lab tracking to?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got invited to one of the Roskilde fests based upon a demo of my band made on a Fostex 4tr-cassetterecorder, was in 1986 if i recall well.

Why do you think I'm seriously considering something like a Tascam 8-track? I want to limit the capabilities of my studio, because I'm convinced that limits are what make me creative.

I'll probably end up with a computer when all is said and done, though. No big deal, really.

Consul, we need you on vocals, dude!
holy crap! Marik has a PhD in classical piano!
i wonder if he can play some of that boogie woogie music?
we still need two more guitars, a bass player and some back up vocs.

[quote author="tony dB"]Consul,

get an atari then...
will be limited, but tighter then a frogs pussy :grin:[/quote]

Well, I do want to keep from being too limited... I could also go for a cassette four-track, but I think I can do better than that. :grin:

Yeah, cassette 4-tracks are cool toys, but I'm not nostalgic for them at all. When I went from a Fostex cassette to a Teac 1/4", it was a night-and-day difference, even though the Teac only ran at 7.5ips.

ok, two drummers it is! good for Allman Bros stuff.
just watch your fives and nines.
Consul, you know any meatloaf? we need a good front man!
:razz:

[quote author="cjenrick"]
we still need two more guitars, a bass player and some back up vocs.[/quote]

Need a bass player, hmm? Guess I got here just in time, then. :)

hmm we almost have a band.. practice on thursday nights guys? :green:

can't have it on the weekend, gets in the way of drinking.. can't have it monday, hangover will be lingering.. tuesday and wednesday are pimpin days.. can't interrupt the pimpin'. and friday is drinking in practice for drinking on the weekend.. guess it HAS to be thursday..

if the overthepontdistance is of no problem i'm willing to molest my 6 strings for you guys... :grin:

If there's someone around with a private jet, they can pick me up every thursdayafternoon in Brussels, will bring some fresh ones, if uncle george allows me to enter his territory that is :sad:

Need to be back on Fridaymorning dough :roll:

you know this might not be a bad idea guys. maybe move this over to the Brewery to talk about it? How about we choose a song(s) to record and each one can track their instrument and someone can mix it down in the end? I know it sounds complex but any takers? I'm curious to see how the end result would sound with so many different recording rigs...

:guinness:

You'd have to figure out how to share media between one engineer/musician and another. It could be tricky to work up a solution, although the PSW folks managed it, so it's possible.

we can mail each other MP3's with the instruments, once everything is completely tracked we send the wav's around on cdr's to all involved who want to mix it, cool innit?

I have a project like this in the pipeline with some of my studioclients btw

go for it?

Back