WTF Florida?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep up. As noted, no stunning revelations, but it's nice to see it all in black and white. If you want to see an example of corporate media completely in the bag for a particular political party, and an example of corporate media knowingly misleading its audience, then the Dominion case might be of interest.
As compared to the rest of media actively promoting the other political party? :unsure:

In my experience Fox generally tries to present both sides of political topics, while there are personalities on the opinion side (fox differentiates between news and opinion) who are strongly opinionated, I generally don't follow them. One exception was when Sen Schumer speaking from the senate floor argued that Fox should censor Tucker Carsons presentation of 1/6 video. That was enough to get me to watch that one show. Since then I stopped watching his show again. Ironically they accused Tucker of selectively presenting video that conflicts with the commission claims, and their "selective" one-sided presentation. :rolleyes:

1/6 was clearly a bad day but any student of history can come up with numerous worse attacks. That doesn't make this OK, but at some point the public will grow weary of beating this dead horse, and want to move on.

It appears that the left is trying to cancel Fox (i.e. bankrupt them) for presenting information that conflicts with their messaging. Instead of substantive debate, they try to silence opposing viewpoints. I don't expect them to be successful.

JR

As compared to the rest of media actively promoting the other political party? :unsure:

In my experience Fox generally tries to present both sides of political topics, while there are personalities on the opinion side (fox differentiates between news and opinion) who are strongly opinionated, I generally don't follow them. One exception was when Sen Schumer speaking from the senate floor argued that Fox should censor Tucker Carsons presentation of 1/6 video. That was enough to get me to watch that one show. Since then I stopped watching his show again. Ironically they accused Tucker of selectively presenting video that conflicts with the commission claims, and their "selective" one-sided presentation. :rolleyes:
The hypocrisy was thick last week, wasn't it?

1/6 was clearly a bad day but any student of history can come up with numerous worse attacks. That doesn't make this OK, but at some point the public will grow weary of beating this dead horse, and want to move on.
Correct. Rather than finding the actual truth, this event has been propagandized and hyperbolized (with dramatic theme music and rest) to the point of absurdity by the purposefully one-sided "commission of spin."

It appears that the left is trying to cancel Fox (i.e. bankrupt them) for presenting information that conflicts with their messaging. Instead of substantive debate, they try to silence opposing viewpoints. I don't expect them to be successful.
They're doing the same to Taibbi, et. al. on the Twitter story.

(fox differentiates between news and opinion)
Herein lies the problem… When opinion of what the viewers wish to be fact IS in fact news for the viewers (more than CNN and MSNBC combined), because they hear it all day, every day. THAT is NOT a free speech issue! THAT is POWER.

The BS has been feed and consumed so much that even FOX had to give them what they craved, in fear of loosing viewers. They’re scared of the monsters they’ve created… Otherwise, they’d loose the POWER. I’d say have already, but at least they still have the money!

Last edited:
Herein lies the problem… When opinion of what the viewers wish to be fact IS in fact news for the viewers (more than CNN and MSNBC combined), because they hear it all day, every day. THAT is NOT a free speech issue! THAT is POWER.

The BS has been consumed so much that even FOX had to give them what they craved in fear of loosing viewers. They’re scared of the monsters they’ve created… Loosing the POWER they had.
Don Lemon is the most opinionated and biased individual there is, with a not so hidden agenda. He has an uncanny ability to transform every news into slavery or systemic racism, but it is fun to see how many times it blows up in his face.

As compared to the rest of media actively promoting the other political party?
Show me the emails. Fox was knowingly suppressing factual reporting in order to promote a political agenda based on ridiculous fictions. It's right there in the evidence for the case you can't be bothered to care about. And frankly, that response reeks of whataboutism.

CNN, MSNBC, NYT, etc. are not at all blameless in presenting biased news--I've said that before, and I will reiterate that I think their core bias is corporate (ie, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) rather than left or right. Even in the Fox case, part of the reason they were so intent on pushing Trump's BS is that they feared losing viewers if they didn't.

but any student of history can come up with numerous worse attacks
Yes, but we are not living in history. Pooh-poohing the seriousness of 1/6 because something worse happened in the past is ridiculous (which is to say, worthy of ridicule--but I'll refrain).

Don Lemon is the most opinionated and biased individual there is, with a not so hidden agenda. He has an uncanny ability to transform every news into slavery or systemic racism, but it is fun to see how many times it blows up in his face.
I have not seen a single Don Lemon episode, so you may be right, but I don’t know. I’m not saying it doesn’t happen on the other side all the time too; it’s just FOX most definitely has the lion’s share of the market, as does the far-right in general with radio.

I don't like being given homework, or repeating myself. I am not pooh-poohing the 1/6 attack, I said "1/6 was clearly a bad day".

-For a potential attack that was thwarted, the 4th plane from the 9/11 attack that was downed by passengers was reportedly targeting the capital.
-in 1835 there was an assassination attempt against President Jackson as he was leaving the building
-in 1915 a former Harvard professor exploded 3 sticks of dynamite in the senate reception room
-in 1998 an armed assailant shot and killed 2 capitol police officers
-in 1954 four Puerto Rican nationalists shot indiscriminately at lawmakers from the gallery with handguns. They wounded 5 lawmakers.
-in 1983 far left extremists bombed just outside the senate chamber
- in 1971 the weather underground blew up a bomb in a bathroom on the senate side of the capitol. Minutes later M19 detonated a bomb in the capitol's north wing

This is just from the first link I found article about attacks . If you have internet access you may find even more history, I vaguely recall congress people shooting each other on the floor, and more.

JR

in 1954 four Puerto Rican nationalists shot indiscriminately at lawmakers from the gallery with handguns. They wounded 5 lawmakers.
I'm sure in 1954 they were not diminishing the seriousness of the attack by noting that there had been attacks before. And the 4 attackers spent over 20 years in jail. They were punished in accordance with the gravity of their crime.

While there's certainly nothing wrong with knowing the history, the history doesn't diminish the seriousness of 1/6.

The history adds perspective that is sorely lacking from the hyperbolic messaging surrounding the partisan 1/6 hearings, and series of " this is worse than...." claims..

JR
The amount of homocide that took place is a fair metric to me. By that metric it is the worst.

The history adds perspective that is sorely lacking from the hyperbolic messaging surrounding the partisan 1/6 hearings, and series of " this is worse than...." claims..

JR
It feels partisan because that’s the hardline defense from the far-right team… Downplay the seriousness, make cases for justification and understanding, and make it partisan, all to satisfy the far-right viewers already sold on a stolen election. At the very least, it’ll heavily rally-up the right for 2024. Most importantly, it’ll keep viewership (money).

Conservatives are more likely to spout provable lies (Trump, Santos, Fox News, etc.) than are liberals, and conservatives are more likely to believe lies.

"Results confirm that conservatives have lower sensitivity than liberals, performing worse at distinguishing truths and falsehoods. This is partially explained by the fact that the most widely shared falsehoods tend to promote conservative positions, while corresponding truths typically favor liberals."

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.abf1234

The amount of homocide that took place is a fair metric to me. By that metric it is the worst.
do you mean homicide (aka murder)?
  1. The killing of one person by another, regardless of intention or legality.
===
Dr. Francisco Diaz, the district's chief medical examiner, announced the causes of deaths as:

• Ashli Babbitt, 35, (air force veteran) died by homicide from a gunshot to the left shoulder. She was shot by a Capitol police officer while trying to climb through a door near the House chamber. (The Justice Department won't file charges against the U.S.Capitol Police officer who fatally shot Ashli Babbitt during the storming of the Capitol on Jan. 6.)

• Kevin Greeson, 55, died of natural causes from cardiovascular disease.

• Benjamin Phillips, 50, died of natural causes from cardiovascular disease. According to the Philadelphia Inquirer, Phillips of Ringtown, Pennsylvania,

• Roseanne Boyland, 34, died by accident from acute amphetamine intoxication.

“The cause and manner of death for Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick are pending,” the office said. As I recall there was a bunch of drama surrounding Sicknick's death. Washington's chief medical examiner has determined that U.S. Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick died of natural causes the day after the riot on Jan. 6 after he suffered two strokes. The reportage at the time claimed he was struck by a fire extinguisher by a rioter.
===
AOC has claimed that there were 10 or more deaths, but she is counting a few suicided that happened well after the events of that day.

I count one "homicide", the air force veteran who was shot by capitol police and killed while climbing through a broken window .

JR

PS; There are probably more people shot and killed on any weekend day in Chicago.

Last edited:
after he suffered two strokes.
And why do we think, on that day of all days, Officer Brian Sicknick had 2 strokes? Just sheer coincidence that it happened the day he was fighting off an angry mob, right? Just like Fanone (who lived) coincidentally had a heart attack while fighting off that same angry mob?

That is some disingenuous, disrespectful bullsh*t. What a bunch of hogwash.

And why do we think, on that day of all days, Officer Brian Sicknick had 2 strokes? Just sheer coincidence that it happened the day he was fighting off an angry mob, right? Just like Fanone (who lived) coincidentally had a heart attack while fighting off that same angry mob?

That is some disingenuous, disrespectful bullsh*t. What a bunch of hogwash.
Are you saying he was unfit for duty or are you saying he was unhealthy and should not have been on duty?

Strokes do not just happen because the body decides to stroke out.

Back