WTF Florida?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That might be the original meaning of the word, but it no longer is. That is what the left does, they take a word and change its meaning
Really chaps my ass how all the leftists changed the meaning of the word woke lmao

Ahh I see. So a 'welfare queen' must be a monarch who is happy. A 'snowflake' is really just a frozen water droplet falling to earth. A 'family value' is the exact dollar equivalent of a family. An 'elitist' is someone at the pinnacle of skill, and a 'cuck' still means a man with an unfaithful wife. 'Beta' is just a letter in the Greek alphabet, and a 'globalist' is someone who loves miniature models of the planets. "Low energy" is a shorthand expression for entropy, and a "safe space" is just a description of a room that has been cleared of explosives? And of course, 'triggered' must just mean the actual discharge of a firearm?
You didn't seem to understand my post. The one who claims that Woke is just the literal meaning was the other guy, not me. You are just reaffirming my point. I was the one saying that the literal meaning of words is not the real meaning, which is exactly what you are saying in your post. But thank you, I agree.

:p:p:p:p:p:p

Funny stuff there!
Ridicule is rule #5 from Alinsky's rules for radicals but it only works on people ignorant of the rules. ;)

JR

alinsky said:
  1. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. There is no defense. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage."

I consider lionizing an arrogant, attention-seeking loudmouth who foolishly overpaid for a struggling media company kind of ridiculous. Ridiculous means "worthy of ridicule." And frankly, anyone who buys into Musk's pandering, self-aggrandizing BS is certainly....worthy.

Not really on the left for a while, this "doctor" (PhD English lit) just seems to be another conspiracy theorist dipping into the money trough of the ignoranti.
According to the very same media and big tech companies who love to cancel anyone who disagrees with the narrative. Just read the wiki article you linked. Practically all the references attacking her are highly biased left (Vox, New Republic, The Guardian, Daily Beast...). She worked for the Clinton and Gore campaigns and is a feminist. Not exactly the stuff of conservatism or an independent. But keep attacking the messenger instead of listening to the message.

"Perhaps it's not that Wolf is a feminist who's degenerated into conspiracism, but instead that she's a conspiracy theorist who happened to fall into feminism first."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naomi_Wolf

I consider lionizing an arrogant, attention-seeking loudmouth who foolishly overpaid for a struggling media company kind of ridiculous. Ridiculous means "worthy of ridicule." And frankly, anyone who buys into Musk's pandering, self-aggrandizing BS is certainly....worthy.
another swing and a miss.... but keep digging, maybe it will keep you occupied.

Musk is successful by multiple measures, twitter was not an obvious short term investment, time will tell if he can right that ship.
==
Any news from Dekalb county (I lived in Lithonia briefly)?

JR

You didn't seem to understand my post.
And you didn't read what I was quoting from you. You asserted that "leftists" redefine words (hey look there it is again....is a "leftist" someone who only uses their left hand?), and I responded with half a dozen examples of the "right" doing exactly that.

Any news from Dekalb county
Waiting for news from Fulton (next door.) Did you ever go to Arabia Mountain when you were in Lithonia? Although it's become more popular since I regularly went out there, one of my favorite spots in the metro area.

And you didn't read what I was quoting from you. You asserted that "leftists" redefine words (hey look there it is again....is a "leftist" someone who only uses their left hand?), and I responded with half a dozen examples of the "right" doing exactly that.
The problem is not the re-defining of words, every one does that, left and right, the problem is that the left actually inverts its meaning: "tolerance" actually means intolerance, "diversity" actually means bias, "Anti-fascism (ANTIFA)" is fascism in its whole glory (or infamy), "Inclusion" actually means segregation to privilege a certain group, so "Woke" is not awake and informed, but actually conformist to the most crazy ideologies, arrogant, and an ignorant brat. The left inverts everything. The best example is the CNN reporter saying that famous quote that "They are fiery but mostly peaceful protests" while there was a huge fire in the background.

What the left does is blatantly negate reality, deceive, and carry the peace banner until someone opposes them. Charles Chaput says it bluntly: “Evil preaches tolerance until it is dominant, then it tries to silence good”

Last edited:
Waiting for news from Fulton (next door.) Did you ever go to Arabia Mountain when you were in Lithonia? Although it's become more popular since I regularly went out there, one of my favorite spots in the metro area.
No never heard of it but it looks interesting....

I did see the laser light show at stone mountain once, and when I lived in stone mountain a different time, I could hear the fireworks every 4th of July. Instead of fire works, living in Lithonia we could occasionally hear blasting coming from the rock quarry.

JR

The more interesting story about fox news is the $1.6B defamation lawsuit filed by Dominion voting machines. The discovery in that case is pretty revealing.
I'm curious, from the vantage of the right, what revelations are significant here?

I can say that from where I sit, details about how Fox was more interested in not losing audience to more extreme "news" outlets than they were in telling viewers the truth, the fact that many of the players involved did not believe the garbage they and/or their employees were promoting on air, and their willingness to suppress any actual journalism at the network in service to their political agenda are pretty revealing. Not shocking (it is Fox, after all), but it's nice to see it out there in the open.

Are these the revealing details you were referring to? Or have you found another movie to fixate on?

I'm curious, from the vantage of the right, what revelations are significant here?

I can say that from where I sit, details about how Fox was more interested in not losing audience to more extreme "news" outlets than they were in telling viewers the truth, the fact that many of the players involved did not believe the garbage they and/or their employees were promoting on air, and their willingness to suppress any actual journalism at the network in service to their political agenda are pretty revealing. Not shocking (it is Fox, after all), but it's nice to see it out there in the open.

Are these the revealing details you were referring to? Or have you found another movie to fixate on?
IDK... I have not been following this story.

I thought it would be interesting to you... Apparently I guessed correctly. :cool:

JR

I thought it would be interesting to you...
I keep up. As noted, no stunning revelations, but it's nice to see it all in black and white. If you want to see an example of corporate media completely in the bag for a particular political party, and an example of corporate media knowingly misleading its audience, then the Dominion case might be of interest.

Latest posts

Back