WTF Florida?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you realize we are being programmed to argue with each other so we don't notice them picking our pockets. :unsure:

JR

Yes, and all the more reason to ditch the partisan politics and call out the bs on both sides of the aisle. A lot of the programming comes from cable news, people need to turn off the fox and msnbc.

Yes, and all the more reason to ditch the partisan politics and call out the bs on both sides of the aisle. A lot of the programming comes from cable news, people need to turn off the fox and msnbc.
I do. McConnell, Graham, Tillis, Romney, etc. who opposed the release of the Jan 6 video footage should be held to account along with Schumer and the other Democrats who cherry-picked and overproduced their biased version in congress. Show us the truth, damnit!

Last edited:
The man behind the curtain will tell you what to think.

From what I saw, a couple of folks were asking Taibbi who was telling him what to think. As was noted in the hearing, Taibbi went after Biden while ignoring what Trump had done, and it was pointed out that the Biden *White House* (not candidacy) had not asked Twitter to remove objectionable Tweets, while the Trump White House had in fact done so--but Taibbi didn't bother to look into that little matter.

From what I saw, a couple of folks were asking Taibbi who was telling him what to think. As was noted in the hearing, Taibbi went after Biden while ignoring what Trump had done, and it was pointed out that the Biden *White House* (not candidacy) had not asked Twitter to remove objectionable Tweets, while the Trump White House had in fact done so--but Taibbi didn't bother to look into that little matter.
Got links to that part of the hearing? I'd like to see it.

Biden is the chief executive. The buck stops with him when executive branch organizations (FBI) fail the people. While Trump failed to root out much of the corruption, at least recognized it and he tried to do something about it.

And I would also point out the obvious: which administration was successful in coercing Twitter, et. al. to remove posts, flag content, shadow ban, etc? Were Twitter, FB, Google really neutral and even-handed in their approach?

You may need to watch that hearing again... The twitter files pretty much document government trying to squash free speech (1st amendment). We only see clearly their efforts regarding twitter, thanks to Elon. It is safe to ASSume their tentacles reached into all social media. IIRC Zuckerberg has publicly shared that he was advised in advance about the Hunter Laptop.

The evidence of this unconstitutional malfeasance is clear.

JR

Got links to that part of the hearing? I'd like to see it.

Biden is the chief executive. The buck stops with him when executive branch organizations (FBI) fail the people. While Trump failed to root out much of the corruption, at least recognized it and he tried to do something about it.

And I would also point out the obvious: which administration was successful in coercing Twitter, et. al. to remove posts, flag content, shadow ban, etc? Were Twitter, FB, Google really neutral and even-handed in their approach?
Why are leftists obsessed with censorship and removing Twitter/Facebook posts? Even those which are truly 'misinformation'? You don't like it, ignore it. But, aside that everything opposed to their agenda is labeled 'misinformation', who cares? Besides the obvious question of 'quis custodiet ipsos custodes'?

I remember the internet of the 90s and early 2000s, it was amazing the fact that it wasn't regulated, many went through hell defending internet neutrality, and that is precisely what they wish to destroy with their mantra "if you are interested in free speech you should really be interested on regulating it". What? if it is regulated it is no longer "free speech", but, as always, contradiction is a fundamental part of their thinking, like women with penises, as fallout puts it.

Last edited:
AKA the man behind the curtain?
again the two movies meme... Elon at great personal cost is pulling back the curtain on the swamp controlling the public dialog.
==
Congress passed a bipartisan bill to declassify the files on Wuhan covid lab leak. Reporters asked President Biden if he planned to veto the bill, and he responded that he hasn't decided yet(?).
Oh, and this caught my attention this morning: a mentally ill woman sent her paranoid election-conspiracy ravings to Sidney Powell, who forwarded the lunacy to Maria Bartiromo, and the rest, as they say, is a hideous stain on American history.

Meet the ‘Ghost’ Woman Fox Relied on for Voter Fraud Claims

That's what passes for "journalism" on Fox.
The more interesting story about fox news is the $1.6B defamation lawsuit filed by Dominion voting machines. The discovery in that case is pretty revealing.

JR

AKA the man behind the curtain?
No, that would be Jack Dorsey and his puppetmaster Vijaya Gadde along with a handful of other anti-free speech "thought leaders" formerly at Twitter. Oh, and we can't forget Agrawal and comrades at Alphabet or Zuckerberg at Meta.

Oh, and this caught my attention this morning: a mentally ill woman sent her paranoid election-conspiracy ravings to Sidney Powell, who forwarded the lunacy to Maria Bartiromo, and the rest, as they say, is a hideous stain on American history.
Sidney Powell appears to be a dingbat. I don't watch anything with Bartiromo. I don't enjoy ranting and raving (Olbermann, O'Reilly, Lemon, and the like).

Where was CNN on Covid origins, the laptop story, 2020 riots, Covington kids, etc.? Who lied about Kavanaugh accusers? Who believed anything Michael Avenatti had to say? All media needs to be scrutinized, questioned, and viewed with skepticism. There's very little actual journalism left and when it appears, the neo-liberals try to destroy it.

Florida bill would require bloggers who write about governor to register with the state

You'd have to notify the state if you write a paid blog post about an elected official in Florida, and you'd have to disclose how much you were paid for said post. Failure to notify would result in a maximum fine of $2500 per post.

DeSantis's fascist experiment expands yet again.........
I like how he keeps blasting the "Woke comes to die here"
"Woke" is a definition of those who have become aware/educated/informed - he is literally saying we don't want people aware of anything. That he wants that to die. It baffles me that people do not look shit up and follow like sheep.

"Woke" is a definition of those who have become aware/educated/informed - he is literally saying we don't want people aware of anything. That he wants that to die. It baffles me that people do not look shit up and follow like sheep.
"Woke" is a perjorative for those SJW types who think they know what's best for everyone and never cease to foist their unworkably fantastical worldviews on all of humanity as though it were manna from Gaia when it is really just rehashed and recast failures of the past. Many truly believe they are "aware, educated, and informed" while in the echo chamber. It is more akin to religion or a cult than anything based on science or reason.

I'd also add that many of the woke are blissfully unaware of much history and so fail to recognize the repetition of past errors in their grand schemes. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Informed pragmatism beats ignorant idealism in the long run.

That might be the original meaning of the word, but it no longer is. That is what the left does, they take a word and change its meaning, like what they do with "tolerance", which no longer means what it used to, now it means: "agree with everything we say or you will suffer, and violence is justified", which is actually the opposite of tolerance. So don't try to create a straw man by invoking the word's literal meaning. Saying that Woke is just being educated and informed, is just like saying that "Train of thought" literally means a train made out of a thought or that, in these days, "being gay" just means being happy with no relation to sexuality.

Last edited:
Why are leftists obsessed with censorship and removing Twitter/Facebook posts?

firstpost.com said:
Navaroli revealed that Twitter had also received at least one request, in 2019, from the Trump White House regarding a tweet they wanted to be removed. The tweet came from Chrissy Teigen, who had called the president a “pussy ass bitch,” in response to comments he had made about her and her husband, John Legend

According to Navaroli, someone from the White House “reached out to ask that this tweet be removed” and that her team had to evaluate whether the tweet violated the company’s “insults policy.” She said they ultimately determined the tweet did not, and it remained up.

BusinessInsider said:
Former President Donald Trump's social-media company, Truth Social, has marketed itself as a "free speech haven" that cherishes free expression.

But since its rocky start when it partially launched in February, its moderators have removed or limited the visibility of users' posts, often without explanation, according to a new investigation from the nonprofit left-leaning consumer-advocacy organization Public Citizen.

I'm hearing a few voices on the left who are able to admit they were misled. Here's a recent one.

https://naomiwolf.substack.com/p/dear-conservatives-i-am-sorry
Not really on the left for a while, this "doctor" (PhD English lit) just seems to be another conspiracy theorist dipping into the money trough of the ignoranti.

"Perhaps it's not that Wolf is a feminist who's degenerated into conspiracism, but instead that she's a conspiracy theorist who happened to fall into feminism first."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naomi_Wolf

That is what the left does, they take a word and change its meaning, like what they do with "tolerance", which no longer means what it used to
Ahh I see. So a 'welfare queen' must be a monarch who is happy. A 'snowflake' is really just a frozen water droplet falling to earth. A 'family value' is the exact dollar equivalent of a family. An 'elitist' is someone at the pinnacle of skill, and a 'cuck' still means a man with an unfaithful wife. 'Beta' is just a letter in the Greek alphabet, and a 'globalist' is someone who loves miniature models of the planets. "Low energy" is a shorthand expression for entropy, and a "safe space" is just a description of a room that has been cleared of explosives? And of course, 'triggered' must just mean the actual discharge of a firearm?

Latest posts

Back