2254C: Classic. Class A. Simple and bold. Collecting the orders.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Igor I'm on the list twice.

Just one entry for me please mate, 2 Kits + 2 PSUs. That is 323 Euros, do we need to include 3.4% Paypal?

Cheers Tom

Hi Igor,

I'm still waiting on money from a friend for his 2 units. I can say for SURE it will be 6 PCB's + 6 PSUs, but just waiting on his money before I can make payment.

Cheers

Matt

Updated. @TomWaterman: these are stereo kits.
Stereo kit's price is EUR315. PS PCB add EUR8.
Paypal fees and shipping already included.

Hi Igor,

I'm on the list for one kit and one power supply, but I actually wanted 2 kits and 1 power supply.  I'll shoot you a paypal in the next few days.

Thanks

Updated, please read for ordering:
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=29771.0

This seems like a very nice project but I'm  wondering if this 2245C will complement or rather replace my 33609 (which I still have to build ...)  :-\

Somehow this comp seems more versatile to me...

Hi radiance, it is a bit different than 33609 in sound (if made with original Neve iron,
more "soft"...it is like to compare between Neve A and AB modules).
I tested old good LO1166 and my own trunny's at the output, prefered second option
(less dirt on low-mid but more tight bass, no surprise-that's the difference between HI-B and M6 iron).
Regarding versatility, yes, I gave this compressor to friend to try in the studio where
he allready have 33609 with original iron. He can't stop to drool using HPF sidechain on drums
and told me that now 33609 is useless on vocals due to lack of "attack" control :)
From the other side, many people will prefer 33609 just by reason it is original.
Combination of 33609 BD/SNR and 2254C on drumbuss seems the best to me.

Thanks for the reply Igor!  Do you make your iron yourself? And what are you using as input tranny?

Igor said:

So you're suggesting I should build both them units right ;) 

...Better start building that darn 33609 before committing to other projects...

I used TF10016/15 as input/interstage; there's Eilor factory in Israel, they doing
perfect cores mostly for militar industry. Not cheap, but available for me in small qty's.
http://www.eilor.co.il/Informations/About.asp

@Tubefreak : please specify, pcb's or kit.
@diyfanatic : no prob, pcb's will be available.

igor,  sorry, i should have specified more clearly..  i'd like 1 stereo kit + 1 psu please.. 

going to build 2 single-space units.    thanks! 

Updated:

Freddy G 2x PCBs
TomWaterman 2 Kits + 2 PSUs
alexc  2xPCBs PAID
gang of elk 1xKITs + 1xPSU
rascalseven 4PCBs + 2xPSU PAID
EEMO1 stereo set (?)
labak 1xKIT 1xPSU
pirate  1xKIT + 1xPSU PAID
tommypiper 2xPCBs, 1xPSU. 
Viitalahde 2xPCBs, 1xPSU.
juniorhifiKIT 2xKITs + 1xPSU 
electrochronic 2xPCB, 2xPSU
dfer 1xKIT + 2xPSU
neujan 2xPCB, 2xPSU
DAN_000 1xKIT + 1xPSU
bradb 1xKIT + 1xPSU PAID
RedNoise 2xPCB
MikoKensington 1xKIT
Rafita 1xKIT + 1xPSU
needlz 1xKIT + 1xPSU.
matta 6 PCB's + 6 PSUs PAID
RightOnMusic 1xKIT + 1xPSU
wtmnmf  2xPCB, 1x PSU PAID
Jim50hertz 1xKIT + 1xPSU
mata_haze 1xKIT
Tubefreak 1xKIT

Igor said:
Hi radiance, it is a bit different than 33609 in sound (if made with original Neve iron,
more "soft"...it is like to compare between Neve A and AB modules).
I tested old good LO1166 and my own trunny's at the output, prefered second option
(less dirt on low-mid but more tight bass, no surprise-that's the difference between HI-B and M6 iron).
Regarding versatility, yes, I gave this compressor to friend to try in the studio where
he allready have 33609 with original iron. He can't stop to drool using HPF sidechain on drums
and told me that now 33609 is useless on vocals due to lack of "attack" control :)
From the other side, many people will prefer 33609 just by reason it is original.

We can always add the HPF to 33609 sidechain, no?

Igor, what is "33609 BD/SNR?"  I don't understand, what is the "BD/SNR?"

Back