2254C: Classic. Class A. Simple and bold. Collecting the orders.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Igor , is the psu pcb the same as 33609 ???
If yes , I'll only take 2 motherboard if possible.
Thanks.
T.

OK... People who want to get kits/pcb's first, can paypal now.
Here's support thread:
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=32605
Ordering:
http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=29771

Hey Igor, sorry if this has been asked before, I haven't had time to go through all the posts...

Great work, I see the PCB is laid out for multiple transformers, and the schemo says optional trunny?

Which trafos will this work with apart from 10468 and LO1166? Do I see OEP mentioned there?

Will pay later today...

Cheers Tom

Hi Tom!
Trunny options are:
Input: 10k:2k4 (31267, TF10016, OEP262**, etc)
Interstage: 1k2:5k (10468, TF10015, OEP262**, etc)
Output: gapped 200:600 Ohm (LO1166, etc).
Yes, schemo says "optional", because I had to draw these trunny's on schematic to
layout them on board.
PCB has options for Beclairs, Marinair/StIves, OEP. Output trafo installed out of board.
Other types of input/interstage trunny's can be used as well,
there's 5 pin Molex connectors for this purpose on PCB. Same as in 33609 project.
From my experience, best subs next to Marinair/Ives are Carenhills and TF10015/6.
OEP sucks, otherwice you want uggly distorting box.

Yes, PCB fits OEP transformers. Many people wanted them for this and 33609 project.

Igor,

I know my final total order now, do you want me to order through here of the thread in BM?

Also is is possible to build 2 separate units in 1U racks but allow them to be linked by say a cable to allow for stereo operation?

Thanks

Matt

I know my final total order now, do you want me to order through here of the thread in BM?
Really, does not matter:) Many people ordered without writing anything...it is same OK.
Most important is to write what did you ordered, name and address.

Also is is possible to build 2 separate units in 1U racks but allow them to be linked by say a cable to allow for stereo operation?

Yes, just put kinda RCA on back of unit grounded to case.
Ground should be connected to case at one point (power supply "star" ground).

Igor said:
Really, does not matter:) Many people ordered without writing anything...it is same OK.
Most important is to write what did you ordered, name and address.

Yes, just put kinda RCA on back of unit grounded to case.
Ground should be connected to case at one point (power supply "star" ground).

Thanks for the info!

I'm going to be buying in with a few friends so waiting for them to pay me to pay you... looking forward to this project!

Cheers

Matt

Seems I will be pretty busy in aprill, preparing the KITs now, need to know qty's.
Please write/update here, if you see (?) sign.

Freddy G 2x PCBs
TomWaterman 2 Kits + 2 PSUs
alexc  2xPCBs PAID
gang of elk 2xKITs + 2xPSU
rascalseven 4PCBs + 2xPSU PAID
EEMO1 stereo set (?)
labak 1xKIT 1xPSU
diyfanatic 2(?) + 1xPSU.
pirate  1xKIT + 1xPSU
tommypiper 2xPCBs, 1xPSU. 
Viitalahde 2xPCBs, 1xPSU.
juniorhifiKIT 2xKITs + 1xPSU 
electrochronic 2xPCB, 2xPSU
dfer 1xKIT + 2xPSU
neujan 2xPCB, 2xPSU
DAN_000 1xKIT + 1xPSU
bradb 1xKIT + 1xPSU PAID
RedNoise 2xPCB
MikoKensington 1xKIT
Rafita 1xKIT + 1xPSU
needlz 1xKIT + 1xPSU.
matta 6 PCB's + 6 PSUs PAID
RightOnMusic 1xKIT + 1xPSU
wtmnmf  2xPCB, 1x PSU PAID

HI Igor , I'm sorry to be out for this set , I'm waitin some money to catch the last sontec stereo set...

Hi Igor,

I have no idea why I wrote about a stereo kit earlier. I ment that I need 2x mono PCB's + 1x PSU PCB. I got a lot of these parts already and I need to use them somewhere.. 

Latest posts

Back