500 series blue face 1176 rev A - Help thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had this in my 511 rack the other day, It sounds amazing.  Attention to detail, looks great and true to the original circuit.  Sadly he took it away after I had played. 

onlymeeee hasn't posted since April 2nd.  You're better off going with Ruckus' SPLICE unit, which he said he'll release at the top of the year.    it's a shame that onlymeeee hasn't updated this thread more and made it available for us....

mulletchuck said:
onlymeeee hasn't posted since April 2nd.  You're better off going with Ruckus' SPLICE unit, which he said he'll release at the top of the year.    it's a shame that onlymeeee hasn't updated this thread more and made it available for us....

The best thing comes to those who wait.  He is a busy man and he extensively tests and revises units before he releases them.  He makes the builds as easy as possible to  follow and build.  I want a classic and faithful blue face 1176, so I'll definitely be hanging on for this, as I know it sounds amazing.  Just look at what people say about his N73.   

mulletchuck said:

Maybe you could give it a shot? ;)

I've just completed a beta test build on this to make sure everything was okay before this is made available to you all.  I can say it went very well indeed.

I'm sure Dave will let you know a when expects to receive all the metal work and boards, but you guys will not have too long to wait 

As I said before this unit sounds amazing.   

U76F.jpg

u76g.jpg

awesome!!!  I want a pair, depending on price of kits.  any idea if it's a PCB/Metalwork situation, or is it partial/full kits?  i.e. what was sent to you in the beta test build?

mulletchuck said:
what was sent to you in the beta test build?

I got the L Bracket, front panel, PCB's and screws, push button caps and standoffs with the kit.  The DC converter is Digikey, transformers, meter and Bourns 600Ω T-Pad attenuator from Hairball Audio,  Everything else came from mouser. 

I do not know exactly what will come with the Kits when made available.   

Gearsef said:
do you know if there is a link feature?

Yes stereo link is an option. 

Back