500 series blue face 1176 rev A - Help thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to get my hands on some of these provided there are some decent directions.  Please let us know when you have something put together!!!  At least 2, probably 4 for me.

I need to practice my soldering. . . quick. I NEED THESE!!!

First up is some CAPI's. If i succeed then I'm gonna be on the hunt for a pair of 500series 1176's.

Count me in for at least one! Fingers crossed if these are coming from the UK the kit has everything in it you need (the hard to get bits like the hairball stuff) so I don't need to buy everything from the states again.

Dave hasn't been around for a year now so maybe this isn' t happening...
But I for sure would want some if they will appear.

// M

Apologies for the ridiculous delay!  Such a busy year.. recording/touring/etc. etc.
But I come with good news....

Everything is now in... and for sale at the DON classics website

Hope everyone's well and I'll be frequenting the forum a lot again now like the good ol' days !  It's changed a fair bit!

Also apologies for any missed PMs.. For some reason, I've not been getting email notifications... my spam filter's too aggressive I think.. I'll fix it now...

Looking at the schematic,  i see +30V is coming from a DC-DC converter on the +/-16V rails.    I see there is also 51X pins.  What are the +/-24V pins being used for?

gunpoint recording said:
Looking at the schematic,  i see +30V is coming from a DC-DC converter on the +/-16V rails.    I see there is also 51X pins.  What are the +/-24V pins being used for?

The pins aren't used for anything at the moment. Just mechanical for 51X. As there's no +30V rail in a 51X, I thought if I'm gonna have to make one, I may as well make it from the -+16V to make it compatible in any lunchbox.  Of course, if you wanted to bump up your 51X PSU to have a +30V rail, you could fly a wire straight in from the +30V pin.  DIY.. the possibilities are endless... 

solarplexus said:
Bought one!  Soooooo happy!!!

Thanks, I'll get any orders shipped out tomorrow morning and send tracking numbers also... 

Wow, this is big news in a small package  ;)
Welcome back! I' ve been hoping for this to happen for some time now.
What a nice kit you have there. Hmm have to check my bank account...

When looking at the Hairball site I can't see a 1/8 shaft knob, but I guess that would be easy to solve with an adapter.

Best
Magnus

Ordered yesterday!

onlymeeee said:
Of course, if you wanted to bump up your 51X PSU to have a +30V rail, you could fly a wire straight in from the +30V pin.  DIY.. the possibilities are endless... 

Can't really bump up the 51x psu rail as i have some 24v modules in there.  I am totally interested in trying to modify to use the +- 24V pins for the supply of the converter.  My 51x supply is getting too full of VPR modules and not enough 51x current.

Dr Gris said:
Wow, this is big news in a small package  ;)
Welcome back! I' ve been hoping for this to happen for some time now.
What a nice kit you have there. Hmm have to check my bank account...

When looking at the Hairball site I can't see a 1/8 shaft knob, but I guess that would be easy to solve with an adapter.

Best
Magnus

I have two knobs on order for this project.  They are shorter than the standard 1176 knob as onlymeeee thought they looked nicer and I think he's right.  I have a 1/4" and an 1/8" on order an they'll be here in about 3 weeks.

When they arrive I'll make a kit with the knobs, meter, FETs, TPAD, and transformers.

Hold tight!  I'll post the link here.

Edit:

The kit will be here:

http://www.hairballaudio.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=39&products_id=152

Thanks!

Mike

Awesome Mike I was wondering if you were going to make a link in your store for the parts needed for the u76a. Count me in for a set when the time comes. This things going to look sweet in my workhorse next to my VP28 mic pre and a TB550 eq. Hells ya. :p

Latest posts

Back