All things G1176 - the new "repost" thread.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow.  And now I feel really dumb.  Yep, the zener at CR6 was reversed.  I flipped it around and I'm getting a nice -9.8 at R85.  I'm now going to go and weep quietly for a while and then I'll move on to more wiring and such.  Many, many thanks for the time and help.

Dean

Nevermind. I knew I would see it after I posted ::)

The voltage for the ceramic and poly caps  isnt shown on the parts list. Does it make a difference?

For the people having the meter not reaching zero problem... Make sure you have the right ic's in the correct sockets. I had this problem.

Phil

Hey guys,

I'm trying to build a dual G1176 with Mnats boards and PSU board.  I have built up 2 of them, but they both give me the same voltage on output...+19.9v and -8.8v

Could the problem be the trimmers I've used?  Positive they were 5k, but they're not multiturn, just the regular cheapies. 

Thanks,
Sig

are you using a 44VCT transformers or more?
have you checked the resistors? did you tried moving the trimmers? ???

And yes, of course I've moved the trimmers haha  :D

The voltage values I gave were at max on the trimmers.  I have a feeling that this Toroid won't give me the right voltage though now, if you're saying I need 44...

the toroidal its just fine as i have the same specs for mine would make sure i have the right values for the  R4 and R6.

Hi, im hoping anyone here might have some idea on this problem!

I´ve buildt the mnats rev d, and as far as i can see everything is "working", but its only working if you plug it in to an line input wich is works with very high impedance, such as if you plug a bassgitar straight into etc.. so the problem is i have to high impedance coming out of the output trafo. So if you plug it in,in a normal line input, some sort of positive feedback occur, going back into the circuit - making the whole thing going crazy..
but at the high z input, the unit compresses and works fine!

anyone with a clue??

Hey 3nity,

I've got red and orange tied together to give 0v, and black and yellow each give the 30v output respectively...I gotta go check those resistors, but I'm positive they're correct...

Thanks,
Sig

Hi,

I am building a mnats 1176 J and would like to get it to sound as close to the orginal H rev as possible.  I will be using a reissue B11148 output transformer which I'm hoping will get me closer than the Lundahl.

As for other components, does anyone know what caps was used in the original?
Also, were the resistors carbon film?
Anyone have any opinions on what I should use to get closer to the original?

Latest posts

Back