Beesneez Capsules, CK12(new) K7, M7, K6, K8 and DIY Microphone Options

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phrazemaster said:
Hi all, I just want to share that I received a BeesKneez K6 capsule for a DU67 project. I had previously been using a cheapie chinese capsule, and it sounded "good" before, but now it sounds incredible! Bright, clear, full, warm, just a lovely change to the microphone since upgrading to the Beesknees K6.

Thanks Veronica and Ben for outstanding capsules!

Mike

Thanks Mike, pleased you love it.

Now then, I'm putting together a FET47 using one of Dany's builds, all I need is a capsule and transformer.  Transformer is taken care of but I wonder if Veronica or Ben could suggest which of your m7/k7/k47 variants may sound best here?  I have a K7 in my MK-47 and it's a wonderful capsule. Very honest compared to whatever was in the (older) Pearlman TM-1 I had it up against a while back.  This mic had more highs and less in the mids.  Both v good Mics, different flavours if you like.

Anyhow, think the K7 would be the best thing for the FET47?

Thanks guys

Jim

I would personally go with the K7 because the M7 was never used in the FET47. But that's just me

Thanks for the reply.  You echo my line of thinking.  With the K7 being a hybrid of M7/K47 it would seem the sensible choice.  :)

Hi Jim.  Personally, I have used both but I really love the k7 in it. Thanks.  Ben

Jim50hertz said:
Now then, I'm putting together a FET47 using one of Dany's builds, all I need is a capsule and transformer.  Transformer is taken care of but I wonder if Veronica or Ben could suggest which of your m7/k7/k47 variants may sound best here?  I have a K7 in my MK-47 and it's a wonderful capsule. Very honest compared to whatever was in the (older) Pearlman TM-1 I had it up against a while back.  This mic had more highs and less in the mids.  Both v good Mics, different flavours if you like.

Thanks guys

Jim

Ben,

I am in need of a mount for my K7. I was emailing with Veronica and I think you might have something available, but I need one with a single screw hole on the bottom if possible, but even more importantly, I'd like to get one that's pretty tall to sit the capsule at correct U47 height. Do you have options available, or perhaps a custom mount would be possible?

I manufactured my own solution, but it is very flimsy, and I have grown tired of my capsule rocking back and forth and causing large spikes in the audio. I'd like to replace it ASAP.

Melodeath00 said:
Ben,

I am in need of a mount for my K7. I was emailing with Veronica and I think you might have something available, but I need one with a single screw hole on the bottom if possible, but even more importantly, I'd like to get one that's pretty tall to sit the capsule at correct U47 height. Do you have options available, or perhaps a custom mount would be possible?

I manufactured my own solution, but it is very flimsy, and I have grown tired of my capsule rocking back and forth and causing large spikes in the audio. I'd like to replace it ASAP.

Hi I am going to email you from my iCloud email now, as it seems you might not have gotten my last email.

Thanks for your input Ben, kind of what I was hoping you'd say. 

mics said:
Hi Jim.  Personally, I have used both but I really love the k7 in it. Thanks.  Ben

Jim50hertz said:

Thanks guys

Jim

Hi, here are the K6 capsules that we were shipping today, they looked so nice just sitting there.

Attachments

• Batch K6.jpg
    Batch K6.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 75
On our website we have a facebook social networking facility. Please if you have time, stop by and comment on the capsules that you have purchased and what you used them in. Who knows you might inspire more people to go DIY and we appreciate hearing from you.

Hi all.  Here is what I have been up to all day.  15 ready to ship for tomorrow!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 86
Hi Veronica, have you seen my emails about that K7 mount? I am hoping we aren't having email trouble again. Thanks!

Melodeath00 said:
Hi Veronica, have you seen my emails about that K7 mount? I am hoping we aren't having email trouble again. Thanks!

Yes sorry, I have just been snowed under. I will get the photo to you today.

Cheers, v

For those interested in knowing about this CK12 capsule:
I finally had a chance to get some time in with the CK12 capsules in my C12 clone mics.
I've never used a real C12 so I can't really compare how authentic sounding the package is.  But these CK12 capsules make for amazing sounding microphones.
I had the stock capsules in my mics while I was waiting - when compared, the CK12 made the stock capsules unlistenable.
I think the most significant aspect of this capsule is that it captures the dynamics of its source like nothing else.  These are the most natural sounding mics I have ever used.

Thanks - I couldn't be happier!

Thanks for the kind review of the ck12.  We do put many hours into these, we love them!  They're worth the effort as you are right, they sound so great.

Cheers

Back