Beesneez Microphones DIY Options

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up my shockmount from the post office yesterday, and it works perfectly with my skyler u47 body. Thanks for the nice surprise!

Chad

Ben and Veronica,

There were a couple special Beesneez offerings made on this forum/in this thread, for GroupDIY members. Examples would be the K6 (historic alloy), M7 and the body kit that even got a "two-rail sister" by (our) request.  :)
There was also a general end-of-year 20% discount on most Beesneez products.
The latter has ended, but what about the first? Going by the site (online-shop), it seems those items are still discounted (assuming it's up-to-date). But it doesn't say for how long.
Especially regarding the body kits, now that Equinox is doing a new run and Max is on the verge of offering his all-brass U47 body (and M7), some here may be on the fence, so I thought I'd ask.

Hi micaddict, thanks for asking, due to demand we have decided to continue selling the capsules and body kits at the reduced price. You have all supported us in the past few months and we want to continue supporting GroupDIY. We have not set a date that we will finish, so as long as this thread is current and it is available for purchase on the store then the price stands. Ben is heading back to Australia in the next couple of weeks and will be doing a new run of diaphragms and bodies.

Cheers,
Veronica

Veronica Sneesby said:
Hi micaddict, thanks for asking, due to demand we have decided to continue selling the capsules and body kits at the reduced price. You have all supported us in the past few months and we want to continue supporting GroupDIY. We have not set a date that we will finish, so as long as this thread is current and it is available for purchase on the store then the price stands. Ben is heading back to Australia in the next couple of weeks and will be doing a new run of diaphragms and bodies.

Cheers,
Veronica
Awesome! Thanks :)

Hello,

Just checking in on the status of my capsule order. . . it was for 1x M7 and 1x K7 capsule.  Last communication 11/20 indicated the capsules were on track to ship "next week".  I have not received replies to subsequent inquiries or a shipment notification.  Please update me on the order status when you get a chance.  I see that you are working your way down the order list and folks are receiving capsule.

Thanks,
chunger

Yes, my K6 is still on its way, too. But we all know the trouble the family has been facing and the priorities that naturally go with that.

As far as communication is concerned, for urgent an/or in-depth questions it's often best to use the telephone on Ben. That's in my experience and in that of others. In this case I haven't felt the need yet, but I know he'll take the time to have a chat with any one of his customers.

E-mail contact can be slower and the best and/or fastest way seems to be the shop e-mail address which puts you in contact with Eliza. Adding the order code/number will help there.

If I'm anywhere wrong or out of line here I trust either Ben or Veronica will set me straight.

Chunger, should they chime in here, which I think they will, we might as well ask them about the K12 possibilities for your C12 project, too.  :)

Henk

hey chunger and all,
FYI, veronica emailed me a response 6 days ago and did state that ben will be returning in the next couple of weeks and is going to sputter the capsules. the capsule plates have been manufactured but ben has not been near a sputtering machine, but will be able to get them done hopefully soon. phelicity is unable to fly ATM so this may be holding ben from getting back to sputtering.  i'm pushing all the positive energy to phelicity's full recovery soon. 
best to phelicity and the rest of the sneesby family.
-grant

chunger said:
Hello,

Just checking in on the status of my capsule order. . . it was for 1x M7 and 1x K7 capsule.  Last communication 11/20 indicated the capsules were on track to ship "next week".  I have not received replies to subsequent inquiries or a shipment notification.  Please update me on the order status when you get a chance.  I see that you are working your way down the order list and folks are receiving capsule.

Thanks,
chunger

Chunger they obviously have a huge workload or something......I have been waiting for a replacement M7 capsule for six months now  :(

mac

I understand the family is under a lot of external pressures right now, so I am happy to support the business right now and wait for production to catch up.  I check in about once every month to inquire about the status of the order.

For Beesneez, it might be a good idea to update the first post of this thread with the current projected lead time for the various capsules being offered.  Many people (myself included) are ok with long-ish lead times (3+ months), but it would be good to know on the front end not to expect product within a normal time-frame.

Hi Guys, thanks for being so understanding with this. Phelicity is more stable now, but as has already been said we are not able to leave the USA with her. As for capsules we actually only have 30 capsules left to ship, including some that have just ordered and some that are multiple orders. So there is only a few of you still waiting. I know that it is sad that you are still waiting and it is really inconvenient/frustrating for you, but when we started the group buy we did not plan on moving countries. I am trying to make sure that we keep you updated when you email. The delay is with diaphragms, but we are on top of it and Ben and I have been working our way through all the orders, including our microphones. I will let you know when they are all out.

btw, feel free to call Ben on 614 725 8736. We are alway here to support you, should you have any concerns.

Kind Regards,
Veronica

I hope that you are all enjoying getting your capsules in the mail. I have had some nice emails and we really appreciate hearing from you.

No more hold ups now.

Received mine, and they look great! I bet they sound even better, but I have some screws and a few other things to order. Anyone havea good source for the eyelet terminals (if that's what they are called).

Mine have arrived and I installed the first in a Du-67 over the weekend. After quite a few tests on a variety of sources I have to say I'm blown away. Smoothest top end I've heard out of any microphone! Absolutely no scratchiness, or artifacts that I learned to live with from other microphones. Outstanding work Veronica and Ben :D

Latest posts

Back