Beesneez Microphones DIY Options

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Rode NTK which I might like to modify. Are any of these capsules which are being offered compatible, and would it be simply a matter of switching out the capsule?

Not sure about the NTK, but the NT1 has a 32mm capsule (in a "funny" mount) rather than 34mm. (Microphone Parts does a 32mm K47). I assume the Chinese capsules that Beesneez is offering are 34mm. But I'm not 100% sure about that, either. I had contact with Australia and Eliza said she would pass on my questions to Ben.

BTW, many Rodes have edge terminated capsules (CK12 style so to speak; well, sort of). What's yours like?

k67 qc'd sino capsule pics ...

Attachments

• k67_front.jpg
    k67_front.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 14
finally ..

into an apex 460 style - pair of attachment screws either side. Fitted perfectly.

Attachments

• k67_back.jpg
    k67_back.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 10
Meanwhile, Ben posted in the narrowed down capsule thread in this same (White Market) section. Here's what he wrote:

hi all.  just thought i'd chime in here.  the chinese 47 an 67 capsules that we have offered for the group buy are both 34mm capsules.  they spec very well and sound great.  They aren't up there with our aussie made capsules but they are pretty close making them very good value for money.  All of these capsules are made by a very large company in china and even though they are mass produced, they have still managed to do a reasonable job.  they do use the white plastic rings (we have also used them from time to time on some of our other capsules but we always seem to go back to the Brass mounting rings as they seem to make for more even side to side management.

:)

Hey Veronica and Ben,

Just wanted to chime in as I never even mentioned that it had arrived, but I've been using your K7 in Max's MK47 mic, and I'm very happy. Great sounding capsule.

Thanks so much. I'm hoping for the best for your guys' family. Best wishes.
Jon

Thanks for letting us know that they are arriving, we have been working some long days to get everything out. We appreciate the orders that are still coming in, you guys are the best.

Mine arrived. There are two small screws, the mount, and a wire in the envelope with the capsule - careful unpacking.

Got my k67. Thanks guys, and again thinking about your family>
waiting on a mic body to finish the mic!
Best
Ian

Latest posts

Back