D47 Fet New Body Style PCB now available

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone interesting in doing a bulk order from either AMI for output transformers or Beesneez for capsules?

I talked to AMI and they would give us 7% off an order of 10. I need two so we are already on our way.

Beesneez said they would give us 20% off and order of any 10 capsules. I'd be in for four.

let's save some cash yall!

Did you have one of the black washers between the inside nut and the body?
No. I put the screw through the washer > then two friction washers > then the arm > then two more friction washers > onto the body.

Screw it in so that there is enough friction to hold the mic in place when on a stand. Add the nut on the inside of the body and tighten. Verify that the arm moves as desired but has enough friction to hold it in place. Then I put the E6000 inside on the screw/nut/mic body to make sure it doesn't loosen.

@egroys This resistor you mentioned 220Mohm no longer exists. I ordered some and they never came and Digikey cancelled it. I spoke to a person at Ohmite and they have no stock. They linked me to a military part that is $48 per resistor. Ripoff. The way I handled it was I bought a 200Mohm resistor and a 20Mohm and soldered them together in series. I had to install them slanted upright on the board to get the series resistors but that doesn’t matter. You can probably see them sticking up on my pictures a page back or so. Just order a couple that are close, add up to 220Mohm, and wire them in series to create 220Mohm.

Thanks, gang!

The BOM says we need a 200MOhm and a 220 but after reviewing the schematic, I see it's just a 220MOhm at R2.

Now, I can only find the 1/2W version of the 200MOhm (as opposed to the 1/4W specified).
Is that ok?

Lastly, these 68MOhm resistors are backordered
Can I substitute with this Yageo?
Yes it’s ok. You can always use a power rating larger than what is specified. It is less likely to overheat as a benefit. But you should never use power rating lower than what the author of a design has specified otherwise you may experience part failures depending on how much current runs through the part. The issue will be fit. I think I used 1/2 watt too there. Larger power rating usually equals larger size to the part. So you kay have to install upright or sideways to make it fit. Reference the photo of the hi-z deck in my build earlier in the thread for this exact method.

Yes it’s ok. You can always use a power rating larger than what is specified. It is less likely to overheat as a benefit. But you should never use power rating lower than what the author of a design has specified otherwise you may experience part failures depending on how much current runs through the part. The issue will be fit. I think I used 1/2 watt too there. Larger power rating usually equals larger size to the part. So you kay have to install upright or sideways to make it fit. Reference the photo of the hi-z deck in my build earlier in the thread for this exact method.
Excellent! That's what I thought but wanted to confirm because I am learning!

Latest posts

Back