GroupdDIY 511 Racks: round 5.5 available

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haima said:
sorry if this has been posted before - but who do i email my payment & shipping details to for packages OUTSIDE of the us?

thanks silent:arts, sahib & jeff :)
Hi haima,

From the spreadsheet, it looks like Sahib (Cemal at Robotica) will be your sales person. I assume you will be hearing from him soon!

Cheers, Jeff

Hi everyone,
This is my first post here. Looking forward to the wealth of information I see.

I'd like to get on "the list"  for the GroupDIY 51x.

Thanks,
Tim

Volker's shipment is all packed and ready to go. He'll have them this week.

I have finished the prototype for the rack type power supply. I thought of bringing some class to the good old 19" and here it goes. I'll work out the final cost by the end of this week.

gdiypsu1.jpg

gdiypsu2.jpg

Hi everyone,

I just heard from my customs agent who told me that our packages did not even leave Newark NJ yet.  ??? I asked her what the hold up was since they were suppose to fly out of there last Friday. She did not know. She said that is how it is with the US Customs Dept sometimes. It sure feels like gravity is working against us on these racks.

Nice PSU case Sahib. It looks very expensive but I bet it won't be!!

I'll post more when I hear something.

Cheers, Jeff

Jeff,

I feel your pain.

I had the same problem 3 years ago shipping a Vox-type amplifier from England. Sat in customs for like one month. And then when I got it two weeks later, it was damaged. It was shipped via TNT (totally awful experience, BTW). Sent it back to the manufacturer for a replacement. The replacement came in like 1 week, via DHL.

Anyway, I think it will make the whole deal worth all this trouble when we finally do get them.

Chris

whats the Power 1 and 2 switch for?  Does it not run both 16 & 24 volts at the same time.  It would just depend on the modules right?

dandeurloo said:
whats the Power 1 and 2 switch for?  Does it not run both 16 & 24 volts at the same time.  It would just depend on the modules right?
it is just a normal but sexy looking mains power switch.
for sure we want all 5 voltages at the same time. ;)

one sad update:

the shipment to Jeff is lost (in customs).
we hired and paid professional import / export companies, which makes it even less understandable.
we keep our fingers crossed, filling out claims etc ...
this can't be true

jsteiger said:
Not that this blame falls on any of us, but I will be mighty embarrassed to post this on the WM thread if it is never found.
this is why I posted it to keep you updated.

wish us luck!

Thanks Volker. Yes, the shipment has been lost at US customs in Newark. We have no understanding how something that weighs nearly half a ton could be lost. My customs broker is checking throughout each day.

BTW, Sahib, Volker and myself have formed a 3 piece band. Volker has appropriately named us "Lost in Customs".

If we could not laugh a little about this...I think I would want to shoot someone.  ???

Will post more as we know more.

some good news too:
UPS just delivered Sahibs shipment to my place.

they will find Jeffs package, they will find Jeffs package, they will find Jeffs package, they will find Jeffs package, they will find Jeffs package, they will find Jeffs package, they will find Jeffs package, they will find Jeffs package, they will find Jeffs package, ...

[silent:arts] said:
they will find Jeffs package, they will find Jeffs package, they will find Jeffs package, they will find Jeffs package, they will find Jeffs package, they will find Jeffs package, they will find Jeffs package, they will find Jeffs package, they will find Jeffs package, ...
+1000  :eek:

Latest posts

Back