GroupdDIY 511 Racks: round 5.5 available

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that was changed to 16V. I think Sahib's screen shots are his earlier version.

mylesgm said:
would it be possible to use the JLM audio powerstation 5 rail power supply?

Can supply 1amp total shared between  both +/-V rail and 300mA +48vdc. 1amp total for +/-V rails can be boosted to 2amp with 4 extra 1N4007 diodes.

if you don't install 11 power hungry modules

Sahib is on holiday this week.
He wants to ship the cases next week.
We decided to take the fast shipping option to get the cases to Jeff as fast as possible, even this is very expensive on our side :eek:

Hi Volker,
I'm afraid I'm gonna have to withdraw from this, as I don't have a cent left and nothing seems to be coming in the near future... :-\
I hope it is not a big problem, I'm quite positive it will give someone (the next in line) a happy start for the year.
I guess I'll have to buy one when the money comes back...
Sorry again.

I sent an email to Jeff with all of my information a few weeks ago and I'm still not marked off on the spreadsheet.
Just checking if I need to send the info again.
Thanks
James

unlikekurt said:
I sent an email to Jeff with all of my information a few weeks ago and I'm still not marked off on the spreadsheet.
Just checking if I need to send the info again.
Thanks
James
Hi James,

Yes, I did get it and just marked it off. Sorry for the delay. I got side tracked completing my assembly guide and forgot to go back to my logging the addresses.  ???

Cheers, Jeff

I wandered over here from GS, please put me on the list for an 11 spacer and power supply kits. Thanks! - Brian

bkbirge said:
I wandered over here from GS, please put me on the list for an 11 spacer and power supply kits. Thanks! - Brian
Hey Brian. This is the list so you are now officially on it.  8)

Cheers, Jeff

I hope we can trash any lists as soon as possible.
But this is a discussion / decision / work we will do secret behind the scenes.  ;D ;D ;D

Now we have to ship out the first 100s first, once this is done we will see further.
Prices might have to be adjusted (EUR 215 isn't USD 300 anymore), we know our shipping costs to Jeff now ( :eek: :eek: :eek: ::) )

Target is to have it in stock :)

As of today 215 Euro = $309.75. I think I needs to be included on this here list also. Sounds like you guys are getting near to the finish line. I predict this whole DIY 500 thing is gonna explode. Of course I also predicted Al Gore in 2000 so what do I know?

i am absolutely certain that will change as soon as these start getting into peoples hands. already, there is the 1084 (among others) coming about. the fact that, while this will most likely be a hugely popular project, it is in a 500 series format is a sign of whats to come. projects will be cheaper as well (lack of full rack casing, no additional power supply to build), which will be quickly embraced.

The market is overflooded with api-like one-discrete-opamp-transformer-balanced-preamps. I hope to see more compressors and eqs for the 500 diy format.

Latest posts

Back