GroupdDIY 511 Racks: round 5.5 available

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if you now need to reserve here in this thread or you just wait till they're in and order then?
I'm in for one anyway.

(London, UK)

jsteiger said:
>>>To all who have reserved a rack from the first run<<<

If your location is not shown over by your user name and avatar, can you please go back to your "I want one" thread and edit in your location? Or, please update your user profile with your location.

I just had someone ask me to verify that they were in on the first run (33 units from each location). I went back thru the thread and had to guess for quite a few of you guys. We just don't want anyone to miss out due to a clerical error!

I think it's time for us to see where we are on this thing.  :eek:

Volker, maybe it's not too late to up our connector orders!!  ;D ;) With guessing for some users, I am right at 33 units for North America right now.

Cheers all, Jeff
Also done...anyone who wants to visit the Grand Canyon should give me a note...

iomegaman said:
Also done...anyone who wants to visit the Grand Canyon should give me a note...
Cool and thanks!

If the temp ever gets below 100 degrees, we may consider a visit!  ???

Just a small note on the number of orders.

First production run is 100 units but we are looking at the number of total orders. If there are say 60 orders from US within that 100 units then 60 will go to US.

If the number of orders go above 100 units then still no problem with a rack case and the PCB as we can respond to these within two weeks. The only delay would be from connectors as they take 8 weeks to deliver. However, as Jeff suggested we will probably increase our connector orders to take care of that possibility.

Also to remind again the complete power supply will also be ready and available for delivery with the cases.

Grooveteer said:
iomegaman said:
anyone who wants to visit the Grand Canyon should give me a note...

My wife and I will be there in September!  ;D
Depending on my schedule in San Diego (I work in a studio there as well) I would love to take a DIY'er to lunch or dinner your preference, I actually live in Williams which is the train depot/last stop before the Grand Hole in the Ground...my youngest just graduated and all my kids wil be in California so I may be moving to the bay soon...it depends on the federal bail-out...I'm waiting on pins and needles for the stimulas to create jobs again.... ;D

shabtek said:
I would like an additional backplane pcb if possible.

mhm, my plan was to have PCBs only, but at an exorbitant price to prevent them to be used in some "3rd party" cases. I'm aware of at least one in planning stage ...
we will find a special solution for you if needed.

Svart said:
What's the new ETA for orders without the special 8wk connectors?

the 8 weak connectors are not only the Neutriks, the card edge connectors are about the same delivery time.
if you want to order them from Mouser / DigiKey it will be more expensive, but if needed we can do a Case & Backplane only Bundle too.

- anybody needs silkscreening on the backside?
- the rack ears have to be black?
- no demand for the SubD25 version?
- how many 12slot versions?
- how many internal PSU versions?

let us know your needs and opinions. :)

btw: yes, we take the "reserved list" serious. your order posted here you will be able to buy one before anybody else.
excluding me for sure, I need one too ...

I would very much like a internal PSU version. I'm just tired of having to carry an extra heavy box around (PSU) for my mobile rig.

-I do not need silkscreen, it's nice but not a deal breaker. Once this is in the rack it'll never come out!
-The rack ears do not need to be black.  I can paint them.
-I do not need the Dsub stuff as all of my racks are wired for XLR in/TRS out.
-I want the 11 slot/rack version.
-I DO want the PSU, it can be either internal or external, doesn't matter to me but internal is easier due to less wiring/connectors/etc.

But I'm a DIY guy at heart so some people will probably want a more "finished" product than I require.

Svart said:
-I do not need silkscreen, it's nice but not a deal breaker. Once this is in the rack it'll never come out!
-The rack ears do not need to be black.  I can paint them.
-I do not need the Dsub stuff as all of my racks are wired for XLR in/TRS out.
-I want the 11 slot/rack version.
-I DO want the PSU, it can be either internal or external, doesn't matter to me but internal is easier due to less wiring/connectors/etc.

But I'm a DIY guy at heart so some people will probably want a more "finished" product than I require.

great answer ;D ;D ;D
as told before, the first 100 are (nearly) what you want.
(no SubD, 11 slot, external PSU (not included in the posted price))

the questions are just what is next  :)
(I want the internal PSU, and there have been quite some discussions in the other thread demanding SubDs)

RedNoise said:
will internal psu just "eat" one slot space?

nope. but the rack will be deeper.

- Not fussed eitherway on silkscreening. Unless you mean my backside???
- Either way on rack ear colour is fine. If I had a choice, I'd say black.
- no SubD25 version for me.
- Don't need 12 slot
- I'd prefer internal PSU versions if the choice was there.

My preferences :

-Back silkscreen not needed
-Black rack ears prefered
-No sub d
-No 12 slots
-Internal psu for my next case

;)

Back