MAIKU capsules – Store Open

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fsalter said:
I just tried the K87 capsule in my old Poctop 87. It's absolutely gorgeous. The body..the 'oomph' with a sweet top end. As others have mentioned, if only i had ordered more. Any chance that may happen?

Thanks for the feedback!

Their website will go online this month with the permanent pricing. But I'll have another small batch of K87's at the GDIY introductory price, arriving with the K47's.

I'll update the white-market thread once they arrive - not reserving or selling any beforehand, so they'll all be available.

Just made a new batch of CK12's and K87's available in the White Market.

Again €100/each, for 5 days only  ;)

Hello BANZAI,
just came across your offer due to my search for a  k47 replacement capsule.
Is there still one left 4 me?

inmediasres said:
Hello BANZAI,
just came across your offer due to my search for a  k47 replacement capsule.
Is there still one left 4 me?

Sorry, all the offer capsules are gone.

Their webshop will come online soon, then you can purchase directly.

Hi,
i just finished a U87 copies using a maiku capsule. I loved the build quality of it, much better than the usual Chinese...
What I didn't like was that both diaphragm wires were 1-2 cm too short to directly use in my standard SYT5 body with blue PCB from Dan/poctop. I had to solder extra wires in order to reach the PCB.
Everything is working well, but I had fears about spoiling the high-Z part of the mic, and had to solder close to the capsule, which I didn't like either.
Is it a bug or a feature?  ;)

Banzai, would you mind explaining you're relationship with Maiku? It seems you're both deep in it and out of it. Just being curious, no need to answer of you don't want to

who KNows  ;)

Haiku = a major form of Japanese verse, written in 17 syllables divided into 3 lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables, and employing highly evocative allusions and comparisons, often on the subject of nature or one of the seasons.

Bonsai = Japanese: plant grown in a pot, from bon basin, bowl + sai to plant

Upacesky said:
Hi,
i just finished a U87 copies using a maiku capsule. I loved the build quality of it, much better than the usual Chinese...
What I didn't like was that both diaphragm wires were 1-2 cm too short to directly use in my standard SYT5 body with blue PCB from Dan/poctop. I had to solder extra wires in order to reach the PCB.
Everything is working well, but I had fears about spoiling the high-Z part of the mic, and had to solder close to the capsule, which I didn't like either.
Is it a bug or a feature?  ;)

Banzai, would you mind explaining you're relationship with Maiku? It seems you're both deep in it and out of it. Just being curious, no need to answer of you don't want to

Thanks for the feedback! The wire length is the same as the original Neumann K87/K67, but there's no problem in making the wires longer for future runs.

If that's what everyone prefers, consider it done  ;)

Attachments

• K87 connections.jpg
    K87 connections.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 45
poctop said:
who KNows  ;)

Haiku = a major form of Japanese verse, written in 17 syllables divided into 3 lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables, and employing highly evocative allusions and comparisons, often on the subject of nature or one of the seasons.

Bonsai = Japanese: plant grown in a pot, from bon basin, bowl + sai to plant

???

It's Banzai, not Bonsai.
And Maiku, not Haiku.

That's 0 for 2...

Banzai, can you elaborate more on your ck12 capsule? Is it more towards the early ck12 or later ela m type? Deep or shallow dish?
Membrane thickness?

I finished my U47ish clone! 

HND24KW.jpg

P7Tii0p.jpg

This is a DEF47 with a Maiku capsule and a Cinemag 2461Nico

I was also building a U87 clone for a buddy with a Heiserman capsule, so to test them (it was getting a bit late, but I couldn't wait) I put both in stands and grabbed my 1970 000-18.  Put the 47 into cardiod and put it a bit to my left at face level about 10 inches out or so, and then put the u87 clone in figure 8 about equal to the fretboard and also around 10 inches out and I hit record(UA Apollo, mics are both going into the emulation 1073.  After recording I turned on some high pass on both and a bit of plate reverb, and then used the Manley Massive Passive to add a little high end)...

https://soundcloud.com/rockinrob86/time-to-move-on

My reaction is amazement.  I've never had a mic handle my vocals like this - I have a bit of a high end noise thing/sharp sibilance that always drives me nuts, on any mic - SM7, beyerdynamics, several mics I've built with microphoneparts capsules.  This D-EF47 sounds perfect!  I think the FET on the U87 is hissy, but that is for a different thread!

The leads coming from the capsule were perfect on my mic, but if I needed to go a hair more with them, they wouldn't reach.  I would've been annoyed if I needed to splice more on the end

Murdock said:
Banzai, can you elaborate more on your ck12 capsule? Is it more towards the early ck12 or later ela m type? Deep or shallow dish?
Membrane thickness?

Hi Murdock, all the capsules are 6 microns.
The CK12's sound is based on a later deep-dish from a 251, with a smooth top.

rockinrob86 said:
My reaction is amazement.  I've never had a mic handle my vocals like this - I have a bit of a high end noise thing/sharp sibilance that always drives me nuts, on any mic - SM7, beyerdynamics, several mics I've built with microphoneparts capsules.  This D-EF47 sounds perfect!  I think the FET on the U87 is hissy, but that is for a different thread!

Beautiful build, and glad you like the Maiku!

Back