MAIKU capsules – Store Open

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt have enough time to compare, but in this little time i tested, the difference between Maiku and other chinese's (OEM) its huge, like day and night.
Didnt had the opportunity to compare with a 797 though, or much better (and more fair comparison) would be to test with one of same budget like Khron mentioned above.
Cheers.

Banzai said:
A run of 200pcs is in production now – should be ready by mid December, and available from the shop (will definitely be online by then, as it will only be sold through there).

Pricing is planned to be very competitive too: 1 for €200, 3 for €400 etc. upto 10pcs for €1'000

Great for groupbuys, as you only need to get together an order for 10pcs. to drop to max discount.

Thanks for the info, sounds promising!

Banzai said:
A run of 200pcs is in production now – should be ready by mid December, and available from the shop (will definitely be online by then, as it will only be sold through there).
Just looked, but the website is still 'under construction'.  What could be the problem?
http://www.maiku-microphones.ch/

No problems – as soon as the batch is ready, the site goes up!

Current plan is to have everything available by wednesday :)

No charts, sorry.

Web address is www.maiku-capsules.com

Just to clarify the offers, they can be combined. For example, you can buy:

3 * K47 for €400
2* K47 and 1* K87 for €400
1* K47, 1* K87 and 1* CK12 for €400
etc.

During checkout there's a box where you can leave details of how many of which capsules you want.

It is not my intention to troll the topic, but wouldn't it be great to have a bit more info on the capsules. Some samples of capsules against originals, or at least against OEM versions? I am really asking out of pure curiosity, dont you use some kind of measurement of frequency response against originals?  Why not publish?

The reason is i have never seen/heard a k67 copy that has smooth lift from say 1k to what ever peak frequency is in the high end. Each and every one i have tried has a lot of various dips along the way, and usually big dip before that high end peak, which makes it stand out even more.  Very difficult to smooth out even with digital EQ.That being said, many of those copies sound great. But only original has that smooth response in that area. And gentle roll off after that, even with deemphasis network disabled. Of course i haven't tried them all.

Could members that have upgraded their mics provide some before and after samples with identical source, and conditions. Pink noise would be a killer.

I really apologize, i am really anal about this stuff, i usually record series of samples  with different source material and pink noise, different distances, before i even turn a screw let alone change capsule.  Wav files?

Is ck12 true ck12 design?

Kingkorg, a big batch of these Maiku capsules were sold on GDIY to get real feedback. The information and comparisons people here can now provide is a lot more valuable and diverse than anything a manufacturer could print or provide on their own. Hopefully more people will leave their thoughts, as I know many were waiting to install their capsules in new builds.

It's also pretty affordable to try all three, and it's a shop that's offering capsules in Europe instead of the usual US or China. Why not take advantage and listen in person and judge for yourself?

For the CK12, it's impossible to create a multi-chambered version at these prices. It is though the best sounding CK12 style capsule I've heard aside from true designs like the Campbell CT12. Hopefully some users can post samples!

To be totally fair, Advanced Audio have had a European branch since... at least a couple years ago (based in Sweden, if i'm not mistaken).

Just a fact :)

Banzai said:
There's also no problem with being anal about things,  but not at the expense of a key benefit: Maiku is the only capsule brand who is offering anything remotely like these pricing offers. When you buy 3pcs, it's already cheaper than microphone-parts and 3U audio. To boot, a shop just opened offering you capsules in Europe, instead of the usual US or China. Why not take advantage and listen in person and judge for yourself? It's affordable enough to be within reach of most, and if you don't like them, sell them for €135/each at no loss.

I‘ve make records the last two Days with two M49 Builds and a Neumann U47.
One M49 have installed the Maiku Brass K47 and the other have a Peter Drefahl K47 inside. The Neumann U47 have a Berlin M7 inside. All M49s build with Haufe BV11 and russian Submini Tube.

I can say the Maiku K47 is a no Brainer for that Pricepoint. Okay the Drefahl is the better sounding Capsule.  The Sound Difference between the Drefahl and the Maiku is little audible. The Drefahl is faster, you can hear deeper in the instrument. Even a little better than the original KK49. Is only my personal view ::).
But for the Price of one Drefahl K47 you can buy 4-5 Maiku Capsules.
Plus for Drefahl is, he tune the Capsule personal for your Mic.

But nothing of all Clone Capsules sounding like a M7 in a Original U47. Sorry but is true.

Happy new year

Just finished up a pair of Poctop U87s with Cinemag transformers and Maiku K87 capsules.  They sound great to my ears.

C

I want to share some samples.
I'm trying to make demos where I use the Maiku Capsules.
So, I play drums, so I use the Maiku capsules in my DIY Mics and these DIY Mics are hanging on my drums. ;)
All samples are without any processing.

Maiku K47 in my U47fet DIY (Bassdrum outside)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x93s3rs59crkwca/Kick%20OutMaiku%20K47%20U47FETdiy.wav?dl=0

Maiku K87 in my U87 DIY (Overheads) - Stereo pair
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxd1as7x44uumji/OverheadsMaiku%20K87%20U87diy.wav?dl=0

have fun with it.
I really like the capsules.
Okay, I had first a Thiersch M7 redline in the U47fet. There is definitely a difference in response between the K47 and the Thiersch but on the other side these a different capsules.
The difference between the K87 from Maiku and my old Peluso K87 was notable better for my ears. (MY EARS !!!)

EDIT: new upload on dropbox

I didn't ask permission to share this, but I think it will be fine here in this context.  I was able to have a buddy over to work on a tune, he did this live with my Taylor 12 string.  Mics both have maiku capsules and are D87 clone in fig 8 on the guitar, and a DEF47 on the vocal:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v2uwwdhyn8v4kww/20180101FalconerRoughMixTake3.wav?dl=0

This is another guy (singer in my band) with the DEF47 on vocal and a C414EB on the guitar https://www.dropbox.com/s/dz42pe44kj8dr40/20171214%20-%20GivemeAllyourlovetonight.wav?dl=0

Those mixes are polar opposites, so you get two flavors with these clips

Hi,
I did some preliminary comparaison of Maiku 47 and 67 to genuine Neumann i own in a D47fet circuit using tantalum and polystiren cap and cinemag transformer in chinese 47 clone body (almost the same as equinox) and a genuine 87ai.

Both are close to the original frequency wise. I spoted some minor differences in the medium in both case but nothing i can t live with. In fact i m really impressed and i must admit that this difference don t justify the difference in price between a genuine one and a Maiku. The original 47 allow maybe a little bit of 'see through' the recording as ericbazar said earlier, but i don t know if it is real or me triyng to convince myself and justify the superiority of a genuine one. Time will tell...
I didn t compared behavior with high spl source but it ll be done in the future, and i neither used them in tube circuit which is the application i purchased them for initially.
My Neumann k47 capsule is a fet version (only one diaphragm) and may be repurposed to a tube circuit, the Maiku 47 will probably stay in the fet one.
The 67 is frightingly close to the original too, and don t seem to be brighter than the original.

I listened to the 12 too in the 47fet circuit and it sound nice and smooth but i don t have anything to compare it to.
Anyway i m very impressed by the outcome so far and it is nice to have a source of reasonnably priced good cpsule in continental europe.

Latest posts

Back