Montreal Group buys & DIY meeting ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I'll bring the Supro....but if ya gotta play zep licks, no clams allowed (aloud?)....speaking of which, **fair warning**, the amps shines when both channels are bridged AND fully CW...if it's too loud, there's always the POD with convenient air transat headphones :roll: :twisted:

Andy

Andy - As if you couldn't tell by my forum name I play mostly Blues (but anything with Blues roots in it, come to think of it LedZep was just a Blues band when it started. Besides I can't do any of the licks :sad:

Did you bridge the 2 pres? Or do you have a switch for that?

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and seeing your DIY.

jim

So its always on bridged mode right? Maybe I'll save the rest of the questions for the meeting!

jim

nope just plug in a short 1/4 to 1/4 to bridge the channels. I'm going to build a tremolux next and on that one the channels will be bridged....and perhaps I'll do some fancy boost arrangement too. Guaranteed, not ready for the meeting...this time.

btw, Vertiges, I think I need enough stuff to do my own digikey order, thanks for the offer though, that's very kind of you....must finish projects, must finish projects..........

Andy

[quote author="sysexguy"]btw, Vertiges, I think I need enough stuff to do my own digikey order, thanks for the offer though, that's very kind of you....must finish projects, must finish projects..........
Andy[/quote]

:thumb: Andy !

eD)))

[quote author="sysexguy"]
n606993063_817881_620.jpg

n606993063_817882_902.jpg

Still missing the dp6t switches and the LED's but both channels are otherwise working and sounding great. I had a nasty trace right underneath the 5534 and smoked a 22R but I had it back within an hour.

Vertiges, I may just take you up on your offer....the Air band is supposed to be the chestnut and I have to wait to hear it....but I must say I like the rest already.

Let's consider those black knobs temporary. Discobloud, if you're around, where did you get yours?

Andy[/quote]

Hey Andy and MTL diyers. I got my knobs from small bear. diifferent colored ones like this one http://www.electrical.com/item.php?page=5&pic=pictures/5-0.jpg i posted photos in the eq thread...

I'm having some distortion in one of the channels when I move the sub pot. not time to trouble shoot yet...

more soon

mark

Strange, I don't receive the replies notification anymore... :evil:

Last time I ordered at smallbear, the shipping took 3 days !
Pretty fast ! :thumb:

There is also http://www.banzaieffects.com/ quite similar, maybe a little bit more expensive. Good service too. (Germany, shipping= +/- 5days)

eD

[quote author="sysexguy"]Thanks Mark, I actually just got a reply from smallbear regarding their knobs....so anyone need anything from smallbear?

Andy[/quote]

I have been recently tempted by a Trumulous Bear. When were you planning on ordering?

••••••• ANNOUNCING •••••••

OFFICIAL MEETING OF THE

MONTREAL DIY GROUP

SATURDAY MAY 17 AT 1PM

Please advise here if you wish to attend. All are welcome.

••••••• I NEED TO KNOW IF WE ARE STILL ON FOR THIS ••••••••

So far we have Vertiges, 3nity and sysexguy.

Post here and let me know. Thanks.

jim

Does anyone here (= in Montreal and around) intend to order a 2LA2A kit form Volker ? (Boards, TB4s, Transformer) ?

eD

PS : I'm still in for the 17th of May ! :thumb:

I'm in for the meetup.

Also, Andy - you can put me down for one of those kits, if you haven't already ordered. I might want some knobs as well - are you buying a whole whack of knobs for a bulk discount or just a handful?

On a related note, anyone know if, by "unfinished case" they mean a case with no holes drilled?

••••••• ANNOUNCING •••••••

OFFICIAL MEETING OF THE

MONTREAL DIY GROUP

SATURDAY MAY 17 AT 1PM

Please advise here if you wish to attend. All are welcome.

••••••• LOOKS LIKE WE ARE GOING TO BE 6 ••••••••

So far we have me, Vertiges, 3nity and sysexguy, outoftune and bodega.

I'll be sending each of you a PM a few days before with a link to the map of my place.

Anyone need a lift? I think someone did.

This has turned out to be more successful than I'd hoped!

jim

bodega - I'm in the west Island in Pierrefonds between St-Jean and St-Charles.

If no one pipes in to give you a lift I'll pick you up (unless you're out 1000KM! :grin: ). There is an express bus from metro in Ville St-Laurent (Du College?) but I'm not sure iif it runs on weekends.

Tell us where you are and maybe someone is right around you.

jim

[quote author="bodega"]I'll probably need a lift if it's not Metro-friendly.[/quote]

i'm in the same boat. lemme know if there is a car pool.

Back