Montreal Group buys & DIY meeting ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="vertiges"]bodega,

I would be able to give you a lift.

eD[/quote]

Vertiges, you are the man.

Would there be room for Tyler (Outoftune) as well?

[quote author="bodega"][quote author="vertiges"]bodega,

I would be able to give you a lift.

eD[/quote]

Vertiges, you are the man.

Would there be room for Tyler (Outoftune) as well?[/quote]

no problem...

eD

I have one space in my car, also the small bear order hasn't happened yet, so please pm me exactly what you want and I'll try to get everything here before the meeting.

Andy

Done and done.

Everyone else who's not Andy or I should buy something from Small Bear as well, so we can get the shipping nice and low. :)

http://www.smallbearelec.com

...also it would give people an extra reason to go to the meetup!

The last time I ordered from Small Bear, it did cost me $ 4.75 of shipping.
(it was for 15 knobs)

BTW... :roll: About UPS and FEDEX, there are a few things to know...

1) There are thieves !

2) I you open an account with them, you will save about $ 10 because the don't have to advance the money at the border. It's directly billed on your credit card instead. BUT as far as I know, there is no way to know how much they gonna charge you before they actually charge you. :green:

3) Check and double check the description of the contents of the package. They love to add lines of descriptions !!! With FEDEX if, I remember correctly, the first 10 lines are free, after that they charge you per line.
When you order electronic components, there are a lot of lines because there are a lot of different items in your package BUT certain items can be groupped (if they have the same classification #) and they always "forget" to do it. In my last Mouser Order, I had 47 additional lines (=$ 67.50 :shock: ) which should have been reduced to about 30 !

4) When you've missed the 3 delivery attempts, (I don't why they always come when I'm out to walk the dog) you have to go to their warehouse in St-Hubert !!! With Post Canada, you just have to go to the post office 2 blocks away...

5) And finally, there are thieves !!

eD)))

Vertiges, you remind me.

Guys I have a dog and a cat. Just in case any of you are allergic, let me know and I'll vacuum double and put them in a room.

I've had allergic people come not knowing and it wasn't pleasant for them. I want you all to be most comfortable.

Jim

I'm not allergic, but I was bitten by a dog recently (on vacation - had to have rabies shots... ugh!) so if your dog is large & has any aggressive tendencies, please lock him up!

[quote author="bodega"]I'm not allergic, but I was bitten by a dog recently (on vacation - had to have rabies shots... ugh!) so if your dog is large & has any aggressive tendencies, please lock him up![/quote]

No, my dog is ridiculously gentle! No worries there! Its my cat you have to worry about! :roll:

just kidding.

Jim

Hi Jim,

What kind of dog you have ??? :grin:

Can I bring my 90-pounds-18-months-poppy ??? He loves to play !!! :green: (Don't know if the cat will agree...)

nanuk.jpg

eD)))

[quote author="bodega"]Ah, good. Wouldn't want to have to bring a change of underwear....[/quote]

LOL

vertiges - she's a black lab but she's pretty old, she loves to play with other dogs and if she gets too excited she will certainly hurt her hip running (its happened before - she thinks she's still a pup). As you probably know Labs are known to get bad hips as they age.

The cat can take care of herself!

So hold off for now if thats OK. (I know they'd get along and that's the problem).

Jim

.....all dogs instinctively know that I once delivered the Gazette (in order to buy ....guitars), and we won't discuss cats. I'll be fine, but thanks for the warning, I'll make sure I'm medded up.......

Anyone succeed with their 1176typeD? I may need to lean on your shoulder......no sound yet, but no smoke......looks great though :roll:

Andy

[quote author="Bluzzi"]
So hold off for now if thats OK. (I know they'd get along and that's the problem).
Jim[/quote]

Jim,

I wasn't serious !!! :grin:

eD

i can bring my brothers 18 months Akita? 2 feet 6 inches? weighting 100 punds?........in this corner...
:green: :grin:

Back