Montreal Group buys & DIY meeting ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="sysexguy"]There may be too much solder flying around to have a dog party???

Andy[/quote]

:shock:

Andy, are you that bad with a soldering iron ? :grin:

eD)))

Ed - I took you seriously because I wouldn't mind! I love animals, including some humans!

Guys, for sure bring any gear you want to show off but also gear you are de-bugging or in the middle of building. I have some test equipment and soldering tools that you are welcome to using.

I have some adapter cables to patch into my patchbay if you want to hear gear as well.

I'll provide refreshments and peanuts (or wheatever you guys aren't allergic to.

Andy, bring the 1176, although not same design 3nity is fixing one right now (Cilletti's version) so he amy be able to give you some ideas (or you give him some). The cat hardly ever comes into my studio space so take the meds (unless your kidding too and I'm too stupid to get it) but I'll vacuum well before you get here.

No I'm not kidding, except about the flying solder. I really appreciate the effort to decontaminate, I will come ready and hopefully once we're done, I won't look like I smoked more than 5-6 joints :green:

Seriously, I'll be fine as long as they don't lick my hands...(the dogs and cats)

I guess we'd have a hard time getting agreement on Korean food then (even if it exists on the west Island) :twisted:

...and thanks for the offer, I'll bring the 1176, ya have an O-scope?

Andy

[quote author="sysexguy"]No I'm not kidding, except about the flying solder. I really appreciate the effort to decontaminate, I will come ready and hopefully once we're done, I won't look like I smoked more than 5-6 joints :green:

Seriously, I'll be fine as long as they don't lick my hands...(the dogs and cats)

I guess we'd have a hard time getting agreement on Korean food then (even if it exists on the west Island) :twisted:

...and thanks for the offer, I'll bring the 1176, ya have an O-scope?

Andy[/quote]

Well we can always disguise with the smell of a joint! The cat won't come around but the dog will want to make friends with all of you. I'll take care of it somehow.

Yes I have an osciloscope and 1 set of probes. I just got a frequency generator too if you need.

No Korean food in the West Island my friend. You can't even find authentic Thai (my favourite!).

Jim

Jim i'm done with fixing the hybrid 1176!
it works and sounds very nice!
take a look!
normal_P5071831.JPG

Jim i like it too!
i found it on a online newspaper from my country.
its a Maya warrior!

nope i wear it at home only!! :green:

[quote author="bodega"]I suggest you bring 90lbs of gear instead of 90lbs of dog.[/quote]

I don't have 90 pounds of DIY equipement... I mean... not yet ! :green:

[quote author="sysexguy"]I'm fine with the soldering iron, but a little loco with the solder sucker especially if I'm sneezing 'cause of plants in heat + cats and dogs. [/quote] :grin:

eD)))

[quote author="sysexguy"]
I don't have 90 pounds of DIY equipement
what if you transformer balance all your outputs???
Andy[/quote]

I would have to balance all the inputs as well and offer a few switchable transformer choices for each units. :green:

So far, I've just finished 2 GSSL and a dual 312 (99% done) and a Night EQ (90% done). Not bad in six months... :thumb:

eD)))

Sounds like we'll have some cool toys, Jim, do we need any instruments to try these things? I also have my D'Lite 22 head that transports well. There's lots of room in my Element if anyone needs to bring something (smaller than a B3 please)

Andy

[quote author="sysexguy"]Sounds like we'll have some cool toys, Jim, do we need any instruments to try these things? I also have my D'Lite 22 head that transports well. There's lots of room in my Element if anyone needs to bring something (smaller than a B3 please)

Andy[/quote]

I have a B3 here so I'll save you the trouble. I have a few right handed electrics, I have a few Fender amps. A drum set. A complement of mikes.
We can record to my HD24XR on various tracks and do comparisons.

But you should bring what you are familiar with if you want to try things out. 3nity will bring his API pres that he makes as kits. If you bring a head I only have my Bassman bottom which I don't use because it came with JBLs which I hate for guitar.

I may be able to get a friend of mine to come down and play the drums while we listen if you guys think that would help. Or one of us can bang away.

Maybe this is a good time to start thinking of what we want to try out. My curiosity is mainly to see what each of you is up to in terms of DIY. I really want to hear that SUPRO24 amp as well! Also 3nity's APIs.

I've got my 2 LA2As, 2 GSSLs and maybe 2 EZ1290 (not finished yet) pres out of the rack naked to see the insides, we can still patch them in to try if you like.

I'm sure time is going to zoom by and we won't get everything done but there's always a second meeting down the line.

jim

Back