Official 33609 builder's tread. See 1st page for updates.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="Igor"]Regarding trunny's, psb fits TF10016, 31267, OEP A262A2E, LL1540,
LL1532 as input, TF10015, 10468, LL1528, OEP A262A2E as interstage. Some others can be used too.
[/quote]

hey all,

I got my pcbs today and I've been double checking component pitches on my BOM tonight. I bought some original 31267 for this project (and JCs 10468s) but neither fit the board directly - mine have 10 pins out.

I can make them work anyhow but I'm wondering what's up - am I missing something?

Cheers,
Ruairi

[quote author="ruairioflaherty"][quote author="Igor"]Regarding trunny's, psb fits TF10016, 31267, OEP A262A2E, LL1540,
LL1532 as input, TF10015, 10468, LL1528, OEP A262A2E as interstage. Some others can be used too.
[/quote]

hey all,

I got my pcbs today and I've been double checking component pitches on my BOM tonight. I bought some original 31267 for this project (and JCs 10468s) but neither fit the board directly - mine have 10 pins out.

I can make them work anyhow but I'm wondering what's up - am I missing something?

Cheers,
Ruairi[/quote]

I am planning on doing the same thing. I have some plates that came with some 31267 from an Audix console that mount the transformers sideways & have tags that solder through the board. The trouble is they don't fit any of the holes in the boards (it's the pitch of the tags). I may wide up having to drill some extra holes, unless Igor has a different solution that I haven't worked out.

Hi!
It is impossible to fit Marinairs direct to pcb.
Their height is 37mm, add pcb twice, it comes to 80 mm,
there's no enough height iside 2RU rack.
Use 5 pin Molex connectors for this purpose
marked INTR1 and INTR2.
Pads are marked pri, +, -, G, sec, +, -.
Just put small boards with holes beneath your Marinairs,
fix them with cable nylon ties (strips), and solder directly to 5-pin connectors with wires.
Pri's in series and sec's in series.
That's all!

Hi Igor,

thanks for the clarification. I never thought about the height limitation!

Lots more questions to follow over the coming weeks :grin:

Thanks,
Ruairi

[quote author="Nat"][quote author="JdJ"]... what does:
CPOL-EUE3.5-8
refer to in:
2 100ux50v CPOL-EUE3.5-8 C5, C7
[/quote]

My guess is Capacitor - Polarised - EUE I'm not sure - pitch between 3.5 and 8mm.

Maybe :?:[/quote]

Yup- I figured it out thanks to Igor. Pitch 3.5 8mm diameter.

Working through the BOM. Should get it up sometime soon. Sorry for the delay if anyone is waiting for it.

BTW anyone think it's a big deal to get a 5mm pitch WIMA to fit 8mm holes? The leads are usually pretty short on the little guys...

-J

[quote author="JdJ"]
BTW anyone think it's a big deal to get a 5mm pitch WIMA to fit 8mm holes? The leads are usually pretty short on the little guys...

-J[/quote]

No Problem, I had some 5mm WIMAs in 10mm holes

I had to do that with some 3mm going to 5mm, and it was doable, but a little pain in the neck.

btw, any idea how much one channel is costing now? (US).

I'm interested in building this, but it seems a little complicated and quite expensive for right now.

take care
Gil

Got the pcb´s !!

wow ! they are looking really really good !
Nice work Igor .. :thumb:

Sorry , dumb question , there are 470mf and 470uf caps , thats the same
value is it?
and i think it would be no problem taking 25volt types also for the 16 volt
parts ( thinking of buying some more of them also for other projects ) ?

can´t await the smell of good flux in my nose !!

greets ,
axel

Hi Igor,

A few questions about component values. On the main PCB:

C1 and C2 on the top row are unlabelled. Are they 470uF?
C13 on the bottom row is unlabelled. Is it 10uF?
The thing labeled "J" in the bottom right hand corner, is this a jumper?

On the PSU board:

What is the value of the trimpot R3 on the PSU board?

Thanks!

Richard

Also...

The capacitor to the left of C14 on the main board which is unlabelled, is this C15?

There is a space for a 3.5 x 8 mm electrolytic above CJ1 on the main board, what is this for?

And looking at the 33609 manual, it looks like R10' (on the compressor recovery switch) should be 24K, not 6K8?

Richard

Maybe I can help...

[quote author="rhgg2"]Hi Igor,

A few questions about component values. On the main PCB:

C1 and C2 on the top row are unlabelled. Are they 470uF?
C13 on the bottom row is unlabelled. Is it 10uF?
The thing labeled "J" in the bottom right hand corner, is this a jumper?
[/quote]

Correct on all points.

Not sure about the trimpot on the PSU.

[quote author="rhgg2"]Also...

The capacitor to the left of C14 on the main board which is unlabelled, is this C15?
[/quote]

That's correct.

[quote author="rhgg2"]
There is a space for a 3.5 x 8 mm electrolytic above CJ1 on the main board, what is this for?
[/quote]

I'm not positive, but Igor can answer for sure. Most of the parts with the "CJ" prefix are optional for using the 990 amp.

[quote author="rhgg2"]
And looking at the 33609 manual, it looks like R10' (on the compressor recovery switch) should be 24K, not 6K8?
[/quote]

Not sure what to attribute the difference to, but if you look at the compREC_sw.jpg on the 1st page links, there is a 6k8 attached to the wiper. I believe the jpg is from an early rev 33609. Strange since all of the other values are the same, including the correspanding rec times.

Hope it helps...

Josh

Hi ,
some confusion about the meter..
the one in the bom is a 0-1 ma meter , but somebody mentioned
a sifam AL 19 , which is avaliable from canford and is a audio leveling meter , is there only the printings of the scale changed and if it reads DB
can we better use this one?
greets
axel

uuch..!
yesterday i began sourcing parts , when i remembered that igor would
provide some diodes..
So i went to the paper garbage and looked deeper in the package from igor...
ok i secured them :grin:
but : which diodes are they ? (looking like 1n4148)

and another thing , the 47 uf tants are about 15 euro´s at farnell !!
are they something special , cause at another place they are about 2 euro´s max..(special safety tants ore what)

greets as always
ax

[quote author="Axelerator"]uuch..!
provide some diodes..

ax[/quote]

These are the 4153. They look almost identical to a 4148, but are closer tolerance.

Igor did you match the diodes you sent out, or does that need to be done, or is it not necessary ?

[quote author="JdJ"]Maybe I can help...
[/quote]

Most helpful thanks Josh.

[quote author="ruairioflaherty"]
in Igor's 2254/33609 Tekay mentions this issue

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=312&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=2254&start=75

To quote him -

"Just found a wrong value fault in the 33609 manual regarding the Compressor Recovery switch.
The 6k8 resistor shall be 24k not 6k8 as shown in the EX20236 drawing!
With 6k8 the fastest recovery will be around 25mS!"

Thanks Tekay!!
[/quote]

Thanks for that Ruairi, looks like 24K it is then.

Richard

[quote author="Axelerator"]uuch..!
provide some diodes..

[/quote]

Crap! I completely forgot to look for them : ( I hope they'e not hard to comeby or expensive 'cause mine are gone...

-J

New revision 2 of the BOM for US builders. This hasn't been fully checked, so please thoroughly check it before you use it to place an order! The parts for the 340 amp have not been included yet either.

33609 BOM V2

Cheers,

Josh

Latest posts

Back