Official 33609 builder's tread. See 1st page for updates.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="waldorfcave"]And here is my baby :green:

Everything works very well. Thx to all those lovely people out there.
Big Kiss to Igor :thumb:, and the fast guys form Audio Maintenance.

Greetings from Lars Cologne Germany[/quote]

Looks great! I was wondering how the repro knobs would look... :thumb:

How does she sound with the Belclere iron?

-Josh

[quote author="loopermc5"]Thanks its kinda sloppy but it works great.The iron is 100% cinemag.[/quote]

Which Cinemag models? Those outputs look hefty.

Tommypiper
I talk to David at cinemag and I went with his suggestion of cmmi-2c for input cmoq-2l for interstage and cmob-2l for output this thing ways a ton and I love it[/quote]

Since I'm a dumbass I tossed my 4153's in the trash... can anyone tell me if the forward voltage as measured with my Protek DMM will be accurate enough for matching (measures to thousandths of a volt)? Do I need to match between channels too, so 8 matched diodes? I attempted to match them already, and it seems like these buggars are pretty sensitive to environment... the measurement seems to vary a bit (+/- .003 or so) each time I measure the same diode. Not really the ideal result when trying to match... I really wish I hadn't been so stupid!

Many thanks,

Josh

[quote author="loopermc5"] I talked to David at cinemag and I went with his suggestion of cmmi-2c for input cmoq-2l for interstage and cmob-2l for output this thing ways a ton and I love it[/quote]

Since I'm not able to call before they call it a weekend, how much for the Just the Cinimag iron?

[quote author="waldorfcave"]And here is my baby :green:

Greetings from Lars Cologne Germany[/quote]

Lars, looks fab!

What are those meters!? Look like Sifams? You're not using the lighting kit? Are you just putting lights above the meters on your own? Are they LEDs? How'd you mount them?

I'm just getting ready to order meters and wondering about the illumination kit...

cheers!

What are those meters!? Look like Sifams? You're not using the lighting kit? Are you just putting lights above the meters on your own? Are they LEDs? How'd you mount them?

Yes, meters are Sifam. No illumination kit. Just put two 12v lamps over the meters. Like igor does. I used hot-melt adhesive.

I guess I was wrong... what kind of knobs are those Lars? I like the blue on white thing.

Thanks,

J

Cool! Waldorfcave, that's pretty damn cool!!! What can I say more? ;)))
:guinness: :sam: :guinness: :sam: :green: :thumb: :green: :thumb: :thumb: :sam: :guinness: :sam: :guinness: :sam: :guinness: :sam:

hi everybody.... very impressive this projekt....

how does this unit sound?
did anybody compare it to a gssl for example?

Thanx Jonas

Hi All,

Just a quick question or 2:

What is everyone using for sockets/pins for the 340? Looking at the PCB picture, they are a little smaller than the standard 2520 footprint pins/sockets. Does anyone have a mouser number?

Also, looking at "old" 340 opamps, they have the 1" square heatsink across the 2 transistors. I have seen some piccies of Igor's new boards and they don't have the heatsink... Just curious if it is necessary?

Thanks
Ghengis

Hi!
Just solder 340's direct to pcb, no need for sockets.
Regarding heatsinks, yes, they run hot without, if you're adjust
idle current of output stage to 10ma, it is really OK.
I have 1081 style pre's with 4 of 340's working without heatsinks
about 5 years...they still alive in Israeli climatic conditions.
When just starting the calibration of 33609, put 5k pot
on 340 to ccw pos, then measure voltage on 10r resistor (R44)
(there's two big holes to fit voltmeter's probes),
it should be arround 250mv.
Turn 5k pot on 340 till voltage across 10r will be 10mv more,
i.e. 260mv, re-check after 10 min, that's it.

Hello igor , does the jlm 99v also fits in this project?
(his description "sounds like neve class a on major steroids "seems to be just what the doctor ordered..!)
he mind somewhere that this opamp has a 1 volt dc offset in the output compared to input...
thanks already..
axel

Latest posts

Back