Tat: Second chance? Bring him back? Let the ban stand?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Tat be let back on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Echo North said:
BeatDeadHorse.gif

+2
:D ;D ::) ??? ;)

were you inviting him to your personal webspace ?
you should check if he is generous enough for profit sharing
and then you could be his agent , but i doubt it

okgb said:
were you inviting him to your personal webspace ?
you should check if he is generous enough for profit sharing
and then you could be his agent , but i doubt it

So your saying all members selling goods should declare the profits they make?

That actually sounds like a great idea.

PS:
I can invite you to my Myspace site too if you like. Were all friends arn't we?

If you want to go out of your way to help them
then maybe you deserve a cut , i doubt he would give you anything
but again if his biz can stand on it's own then this place doesn't
matter and if your personal choice is to support him
then you can do so without needing or using the grp
Hey more effient to bypass , no ?

there have been giveaway threads which i have participated in ,
not all to the spirit one would imagine , [ people new to the grp
accepting gifts then leaving  ] still something is there .

if there is anything in Canada you need  , let me know

add your myspace to your sig ,
My productivitly is too low for any more internet action
[ such as i'm doing now ] o.k. off to the day

members make forums interesting, a forum needs interesting members with practical informations.
Tat was an interesting member with good offers. He made the Forum interesting like many other interesting people here.
It´s damn a blame that this forum kicks those people out cause of 15$ fee. Some people came here cause of those good offers.
The Forum director should pay for those good members not the other way around.

You should start your own forum and run it the way you like ,
or as mentioned if he starts one you can go there
No problem
although running one maybe more work than you think
but you can be the boss , let us know how it go's

If you don't like it , don't worry about it ,
go to your happy place .
It's a common problem ,
expecting the world to be as you are

perhaps he can lay some of his brand of eastern philosophy on you

Perhaps i try to make the Forum Admin thinking different... i dont like this forum philosophy.

hotbaby said:

Sorry - just have to say this - that's a bunch of happy horseshit.

If we follow that model, PRR, Analog, SSLTech and a few of the other guys should be on a payroll.
And our forum would be filled with adverts (and bascially become prosoundweb) to pay for these good members.

We (Keith and I at Expat Audio) have already donated towards the forum before the white/black market stuff, as we saw it as a place for us to advertise our wares.
We don't make any decent profit (my mother-in-law makes jars of jam in her spare time that makes more money). When we start repromoting products (with new one's soon) we will also  move things to the white market.

This is just the same as advertising in a local "classifieds" newspaper for 1off sales, versus advertising and selling quantity of the same product in a trade magazine.

By the way - different point, but on topic - something I've noticed is that the people actually selling stuff on this forum with a store of any kind haven't complained about the white market. $15, if your shipping 10 products or more per month is $1.50 for advertising to a captured target market. That's pretty darn cheap.

EDIT: Hotbaby, having read some of your other posts on other threads around this topic - I now realise that I may sound a little harsh in my text above. I'm not going to edit it - but just wanted to add that no personal insult is intended -- just a disagreement in opinion.

Rochey said:
hotbaby said:

Agreed.

Rochey said:
If we follow that model, PRR, Analog, SSLTech and a few of the other guys should be on a payroll.

Agreed again.

Rochey said:
We don't make any decent profit (my mother-in-law makes jars of jam in her spare time that makes more money).

Sadly I have to agree.

Rochey said:
By the way - different point, but on topic - something I've noticed is that the people actually selling stuff on this forum with a store of any kind haven't complained about the white market. $15, if your shipping 10 products or more per month is $1.50 for advertising to a captured target market. That's pretty darn cheap.

I would have say it's working very well and I've spoken with other sellers who agree.  Keep in mind that bringing in the WM was in some ways initiated by sellers.

The majority of sellers like it.

The majority of users like it.

Most importantly it should help to make Ethan's job (somewhat) easier.

Let's move on and give the poor horse a rest.

Mike

Rochey said:
hotbaby said:

400% agreed; not sorry at all.  

All you new forumites, please... SHUT UP!!

Tat hasn't been here forever... and most of the forum members who disagreed with his actions have done so with just cause. This place used to be so much more about DIY electronics and knowledge. Tat is all about penny pinching and making clones because he's too tight arse to buy the real deal. It's messed up the forum completely imo. The only reason you guys want him back is because you are so scared of the thought of actually having to buy the real product, or that you might actually need to put some effort into your DIY guy (hence learning something).

I'll be honest... I'd be much happier if you all pissed off. I use to learn stuff here. Now it's about having brand name gear with playing brand name prices. It's pretty fucking pathetic.

members make forums interesting, a forum needs interesting members with practical informations.
Tat was an interesting member with good offers. He made the Forum interesting like many other interesting people here.
It´s damn a blame that this forum kicks those people out cause of 15$ fee. Some people came here cause of those good offers.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The real thing here is share and helping discusion, like Tat work to do some money, the forum needs work, why without fees?

Open your forum and pay him to have so much menbers.

The black market help us  "yes" but i understand this, "who's work need to be payed"

To be completely off topic is such a silly thread, I must say that reading the term "happy horseshit" made me smile and laugh for the first time today and for that I thank you all.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Matt

hotbaby said:
Agreed...interesting members with practical information.

hotbaby said:
Tat does not fit the description of an interesting member who brings practical information to the forum.
He offered cases...were they a good offer? I doubt it...
The only posts I've read from him on another forum than the black market where questions and asking for help in a demanding way. I did not find him very interesting and the way he communicated was not very pleasant.

hotbaby said:
May I ask you Hotbaby, do you find people who come to this forum for TAt's cases interesting and did these people give the forum practical information?

hotbaby said:

::) ::) ::) ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back