Tat: Second chance? Bring him back? Let the ban stand?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Tat be let back on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sammas said:
The only reason you guys want him back is because you are so scared of the thought of actually having to buy the real product, or that you might actually need to put some effort into your DIY guy (hence learning something).

Yeah, it's kind of like siding with your pot dealer when all your friends are telling you that he slept with your girlfriend, and your girlfriend shows up wearing his T-shirt.

Sammas said:
All you new forumites, please... SHUT UP!!

Tat hasn't been here forever... and most of the forum members who disagreed with his actions have done so with just cause. This place used to be so much more about DIY electronics and knowledge. Tat is all about penny pinching and making clones because he's too tight arse to buy the real deal. It's messed up the forum completely imo. The only reason you guys want him back is because you are so scared of the thought of actually having to buy the real product, or that you might actually need to put some effort into your DIY guy (hence learning something).

I'll be honest... I'd be much happier if you all pissed off. I use to learn stuff here. Now it's about having brand name gear with playing brand name prices. It's pretty fucking pathetic.

Hard and clear words. But I totally agree. The easier the clones are to be made the worse S/N we have here.

radiance said:
May I ask you Hotbaby, do you find people who come to this forum for TAt's cases interesting and did these people give the forum practical information?

yes of course there are a lot of beautiful diys with pictures and description and at least Tats Cases.

Emperor Tomato Ketchup said:
Yeah, it's kind of like siding with your pot dealer when all your friends are telling you that he slept with your girlfriend, and your girlfriend shows up wearing his T-shirt.
;D ;D ;D ;D

hotbaby said:
radiance said:
May I ask you Hotbaby, do you find people who come to this forum for TAt's cases interesting and did these people give the forum practical information?

yes of course there are a lot of beautiful diys with pictures and description and at least Tats Cases.

Well, that would probably be practical information regarding the use of those cases....(catch 22)
...man, these projects are "over" documented...this info is cluttering the forum...

still gutted about the match, unted were crap, no flair or poanache. love the new hair do, where did you get it done?

you seen my dog, he's big n fat

what day is it?

i'll get me coat

Iain

;D
Happy horseshit everyone!
I don't understand, what's the deal ya'll?
If Tat was really determined to join the forum, he could have done so under a new nick, if he was ip-banned, he could do it from a different pc or via proxy.. So that's not a problem, or at least not worth a discussion.
Now for ops, whom we all admire and respect, I'd say if anything they are too lenient. I op here and there on the interwebz and I ban people for far lesser stuff, like, if I don't like the way they talk or they sound like they are underage or something. Failure to understand the rules for posting in white market is a very reasonable reason to be banned, and it's amazing how some people have the cheek to disagree or even write about it.. C'mon!

Rochey said:
...my mother-in-law makes jars of jam in her spare time that makes more money

Thanks for the tip  ;)

Do you think home made pickled onions would be a good one to get into as well?  
My Mum would make a batch once a year to donate to the church Christmas Fair.  Bloody house stank for weeks but they were fantastic!, I ate 'em by the jar.  Big hit the with the old fella's at church too.  One old bugger ate about 5 jars over a weekend and got gout but said it was worth it...

Sincerely,

John.

images

Sammas said:

Tat hasn't been here forever... and most of the forum members who disagreed with his actions have done so with just cause. This place used to be so much more about DIY electronics and knowledge. Tat is all about penny pinching and making clones because he's too tight arse to buy the real deal. It's messed up the forum completely imo. The only reason you guys want him back is because you are so scared of the thought of actually having to buy the real product, or that you might actually need to put some effort into your DIY guy (hence learning something).

I'll be honest... I'd be much happier if you all pissed off. I use to learn stuff here. Now it's about having brand name gear with playing brand name prices. It's pretty fucking pathetic.

Absolutely agreed.

hotbaby sniveled: 
Perhaps i try to make the Forum Admin thinking different... i dont like this forum philosophy.

If you don't like "this forum philosophy," then leave.  It's pretty simple really.

Cheers,
--
Don

Sammas said:
The only reason you guys want him back is because you are so scared of the thought of actually having to buy the real product, or that you might actually need to put some effort into your DIY guy (hence learning something).
I'll be honest... I'd be much happier if you all pissed off..

There are other reasons indeed.
One is i.e. is instinctive disliking public repeated bashing a person who cant reply.
Another is to give Tat a 2nd chance, hoping he will change some of his attitudes, but yes I agree that belongs to Ethan.
And anyway I fear its too late.

Could we change the thread name to cultivation
and talk about gardening

oh and use waaaaaaaaay bigger fonts so
we don't have to look at so many words

1954U1 said:
One is i.e. is instinctive disliking public repeated bashing a person who cant reply.

Tat had a chance to reply in the original thread, it's all there if you care to find it.

The only reason it's being discussed yet again is because someone dragged it up again by starting new topics.

Tat is free to conduct his business else where and anyone, including you or me can order from him.

Frankly, I'm surprised that the mods have been so tolerant.

Mark

Biasrocks said:
1954U1 said:

Tat had a chance to reply in the original thread, it's all there if you care to find it.

The only reason it's being discussed yet again is because someone dragged it up again by starting new topics.

Tat is free to conduct his business else where and anyone, including you or me can order from him.

Frankly, I'm surprised that the mods have been so tolerant.

Mark

Yes I know that thread very well, it was a BIG mistake on his part to not reply there.
I am simply not at ease with "great, finally found and killed the culprit" style..
On the other hand, I do completely agree with the fact that this forum is always at risk of lifting to a "ask there, there are super-experts idiots giving help for free" situation,
where repeated PMs/emails with same questions take the helpful members beyond the line. 
Maybe I am wrong, but I think this is a [the?] real underlying issue.
Really, really difficult for the admins to stay in balance.

to be honest ...

tat crossed paths with some of the big boys, complaints and mentions made

a lot of people felt his style was underhand,

the white market was formed as a result

rules were posted that pretty well everybody read

tat posted and broke them

banned

Now do you honestly believe that keeping this thread going is furthering his cause?

let it drop, let the dust settle, and let him re-apply in a few months.

or just post a direction to his web shop.

never had a bad dealing with tat but i would like a bit of time for his absence

Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back