Trump tax returns

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Under what delineated power of Congress?
The one that says the IRS shall furnish any tax return the oversite committee wishes to inspect. Trump lost four court cases trying to prevent the release.

All Presidents are subject to a mandatory tax audit for the first two years of a Presidency. This didn’t happen. The committee is tasked with investigating the failure of the IRS to do this. The tax returns in question need to be available to investigate the IRS failure.

The Trump stuff is obvious and the other stuff has nothing to do with Trump. Even Murdoch doesn't like Trump anymore, why are you still rooting for the con man?
Even a con man is supposed to have fair justice under the law in the United States. Opinions aside on trump, trump is a private citizen currently. There is no need for such actions by congress on a private citizens records. It serves no purpose other than to further add to the kabuki theater. Who says we are rooting for the guy anyway? You don’t have to root for him to see how dangerous this is and what it could lead to.

Last edited:
The Trump stuff is obvious and the other stuff has nothing to do with Trump. Even Murdoch doesn't like Trump anymore, why are you still rooting for the con man?
Indeed the ex-President Trump stuff is obvious, but I suspect we are drawing very different "obvious"conclusions. (two movies ;) )

We are nation of laws not personalities. Rule of law matters, and it appears that even our constitution is considered just a suggestion to some in government.

Speaking of law, title 42, a piece of public health law seems to have outlived its purpose (to prevent covid) while it's utility to help reduce the invasion coming across our southern border makes it hard to forgo. It is time to dust off title 8

WWW said:
"Under Title 8 authorities, any noncitizens who cross the border illegally between the ports of entry and are determined not to have a legal basis to remain will be processed for removal," according to Claudio Herrera-Baeza, a spokesperson for El Paso Sector Border Patrol.

It is remarkable that mainstream media can continue to ignore this border crisis. The left is using some new talking point judo, claiming that criticism of the open border is actually helping the cartels draw migrants to the border. :rolleyes:

The cartels are enjoying windfall profits, we should be taxing them...:cool:

JR

Trump said:
"If I decide to run for office, I'll produce my tax returns, absolutely," he said. "And I would love to do that."

Trump said:
"I've had it for years. I get audited. And obviously if I'm being audited, I'm not going to release a return," he said. "As soon as the audit is done, I love it. After the audit, no problem!"

Trump said:
"It's not something I've thought of, but I have no objection to certainly showing tax returns."

Trump said:
"I want to tell you right now, I have no problem giving my tax returns. I'm very honest on my tax returns."

Trump said:
"I want to release my tax returns, but I can't release them while I'm under an audit."

You all have this all wrong: the House Ways and Means Committee is just trying to help Trump fulfill one of his many campaign promises!

The one that says the IRS shall furnish any tax return the oversite committee wishes to inspect. Trump lost four court cases trying to prevent the release.

All Presidents are subject to a mandatory tax audit for the first two years of a Presidency. This didn’t happen. The committee is tasked with investigating the failure of the IRS to do this. The tax returns in question need to be available to investigate the IRS failure.
Exactly. Everything else is political theater, evidently some of the folks here like to play it themselves.

We are nation of laws not personalities. Rule of law matters, and it appears that even our constitution is considered just a suggestion to some in government.
If I had the time I could go through you all your posts here and show you how selectively you apply the law (or your understanding of it).

Besides, when Trump essentially said **** the Constitution a few weeks ago all we got to here from the resident rightwingers was crickets.

Even a con man is supposed to have fair justice under the law in the United States. Opinions aside on trump, trump is a private citizen currently.
As I said above, he lost four court cases trying to prevent the release. Including his friendly Supreme Court. If they had been released when they should have been he was still President.

As I said above, he lost four court cases trying to prevent the release. Including his friendly Supreme Court. If they had been released when they should have been he was still President.
Yes but he is not president now. As far as I am concerned, there is no law requiring a president or candidate for the office requiring them to do that. there really is no purpose, no reason, no probable cause here that would merit a person to release documents between the irs and said person. Unless it’s law that those in office or running for office have to release those documents to the public, I could care less about trump and his tax returns. But I assure you it would never be law, way too many have secrets they don’t want us to know about.

The Supreme Court disagreed with you.
I am sure, but what law is in place requiring them to do that? More over if you mean that if the chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee makes a written request for an individual’s tax returns — as Rep. Richard Neal has done seeking Trump’s — the Treasury secretary “shall furnish” those returns. The law says those returns would be reviewed confidentially in an executive session.
Again as we have been talking about, there is no reason for the house to do so and even if they do have a reason, the fact they wish to make the documents public is a big no no.

Again as we have been talking about, there is no reason for the house to do so and even if they do have a reason, the fact they wish to make the documents public is a big no no.
The stated reason they are being made public is to investigate why the mandated audit of the Presidents tax returns were not carried out by the IRS. Unless the whole investigation is to be behind closed doors then the underlying evidence to investigate the IRS must be made public.

No, it isn't irrelevant. Why should any citizen's tax returns be publicized? As a citizen of the USA I have concerns about government over-reach regardless of who is affected. Your strawman is noted. Why is a German citizen so concerned about a former president of another country?

The stated reason they are being made public is to investigate why the mandated audit of the Presidents tax returns were not carried out by the IRS.
Doesn't justify publication.

Unless the whole investigation is to be behind closed doors then the underlying evidence to investigate the IRS must be made public.
Keeping a citizen's private affairs private has no bearing on questioning the IRS about their procedures. The publication is clearly politically motivated.

If I had the time I could go through you all your posts here and show you how selectively you apply the law (or your understanding of it).
thank you for not
Besides, when Trump essentially said **** the Constitution a few weeks ago all we got to here from the resident rightwingers was crickets.
oh dear... is he being a blowhard still?

JR

Keeping a citizen's private affairs private has no bearing on questioning the IRS about their procedures. The publication is clearly politically motivated.
So releasing his tax returns from when he was a public employee is fine, right? Those are being released too.

The stated reason they are being made public is to investigate why the mandated audit of the Presidents tax returns were not carried out by the IRS. Unless the whole investigation is to be behind closed doors then the underlying evidence to investigate the IRS must be made public.
Ok, but how does that equal we get to see trumps returns? Seems to me they need to check up on why the irs didn’t do their job and not show trumps returns to the public.

The fact the irs failed at their duties, onus is on them. None of that, by law says we get to see trumps returns. By law the only way us private citizens get to see another persons tax returns, in government or as a private citizen is if they decide to show them to us.

Latest posts

Back