Trump tax returns

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a member here, are all not welcome to this forum and comment on anything we want? What are you here for? Certainly not to hear an outside opinion. That whole line of thought is most certainly arrogant and just plain rude. But you obviously don’t care.
I can only imagine what it must be like to be a believer in US rightwing orthodoxy today (whatever that actually is, today). You probably must repeat their talking points compulsively 24/7 to not get tempted by doubt and loose your faith...

I can only imagine what it must be like to be a believer in US rightwing orthodoxy today (whatever that actually is, today). You probably must repeat their talking points compulsively 24/7 to not get tempted by doubt and loose your faith...
More ignorance on display. Facts don't care what you think about them. As far as I can tell you have not spent any significant time living in my country and experiencing it first-hand. And even if you have been here you likely have not travelled widely, met, and talked to people from various walks of life, social condition, and upbringing. In short, your understanding of my country is very limited, despite your high opinion of your own understanding. That is true arrogance.

I see your introspectoscope is working well.
What part of my statements are problematic? I lived in Chico back in the early 90s. Hung out with various folks around that area. I enjoy talking to people who aren't like me. What I have a hard time with are group-thinkers. What y'all seem to believe about me is usually laughably inaccurate. Oh well. You know what they say about opinions.

Merry Christmas

MAGA 2024

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

#Zelenskyy_GRIFT

...Trump's tax returns are/were anti-climactic. Glad you wanked off for years to get them.

annoy.jpeg

Last edited:
What you see as "my attitude" appears to be a strawman in your head. Whatever.

Surely you can appreciate the irony and contrariness of saying "it is none of your business" when the US government spends so much time meddling in everyone else's business? Such is life in 2022. Neoliberal agenda has dominated the western world for the last 40-odd years. Globalisation isn't an easy thing to put back into the bag. Geopolitics is always at play, and it inherently involves everyone.

Given that the president you elect determines whether the US government encourages strategic alliances between my country and others in the Pacific... or uses those new alliances to leverage the sale of $50 billion USD, twice our annual national education budget, for fighter jets we *didn't even know we needed*... I would say I am pretty directly invested in the outcome of US politics, and absolutely entitled to an opinion on it.

I would suggest most 'outsiders' see US politics in similar ways. It is in a death spiral, defined by the shallowness of debate, cults of personality and general arrogance all round, including in the voter base. It is just so inward looking. The kind of inward looking that leads people to say "it is none of your business" when it can actually directly effect a lot of 'outsiders' business, tax and day to day life.

Surely you can appreciate the irony and contrariness of saying "it is none of your business" when the US government spends so much time meddling in everyone else's business?
And you should know that there are millions of us here (most, I would wager, not in either party-true independent voters) who are opposed to such meddling. I much prefer that we spend our hard-earned tax dollars here first.

Such is life in 2022. Neoliberal agenda has dominated the western world for the last 40-odd years.
You'll need to define "neoliberal" because that term likely has a different connotation outside of Australia.

Globalisation isn't an easy thing to put back into the bag. Geopolitics is always at play, and it inherently involves everyone.
Yes. Perhaps if more people in the developed "west" had heeded the warnings about the obvious pitfalls some 30 years ago much of the damage could have been prevented. I do not consider it a lost cause to oppose it. Perhaps you disagree.

Given that the president you elect determines whether the US government encourages strategic alliances
As does your own elected government.

between my country and others in the Pacific...
Would you prefer to stand alone against China?

or uses those new alliances to leverage the sale of $50 billion USD, twice our annual national education budget, for fighter jets we *didn't even know we needed*...
First, no one forced your country to buy anything. Second, you might consider that having the means to defend yourselves is important and worth the cost. Or do you expect us to rush to your aid like we did in 1942?

I would say I am pretty directly invested in the outcome of US politics, and absolutely entitled to an opinion on it.
Talk all you want. Expect push-back because you very often don't know what you think you know about us. And remember, Trump isn't POTUS. And due to our massive entrenched federal bureacracy, unelected "officials" are at the root of most policies, foreign and domestic.

Maybe Australia should re-think its mine ownership policies to exclude foreign adversaries (much like the US should do with farming and food production).

I would suggest most 'outsiders' see US politics in similar ways.
I've heard the same since I met my dorm neighbor from Ecuador freshman year at college in 1984. Some complaints are valid (e.g., CIA garbage) while others are not (European NATO members not doing their part while their citizens whinge about American military power, for example).

It is in a death spiral, defined by the shallowness of debate, cults of personality and general arrogance all round, including in the voter base. It is just so inward looking.
That's your opinion. I'm not sure you have much contact with "regular Americans" unless you've lived here. Interactions on the internet are not representative of reality any more than MSNBC is honest reporting of facts.

The kind of inward looking that leads people to say "it is none of your business" when it can actually directly effect a lot of 'outsiders' business, tax and day to day life.
The US isn't setting your taxes. Nor is it responsible for your business ventures with China, for example. Other than pop culture (music, TV, online media) what negative influence does the US exert on your "day to day life?" I'm not seeing a lot of circumspection from the America-bashers, either. Have you truly considered all of the positive influences my country has had and still does on the world?

Both sides are very certain that A) they are correct, and B) the other side is wrong. This is just life.

It's a little early but could I propose a new year's resolution to just accept that others do not agree with us, both us's? Lets try to state our positions clearly once and then let it go.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

JR

While they have every right to view them as we have covered they do not have right to release that information. While we discuss what is kabuki political theater because it relates to one man, the impact it will have on the future and what it means for anyone is dangerous.

Back in 2013, Republicans thought the Internal Revenue Service under President Barack Obama was mistreating conservative groups that wanted to be recognized as tax-exempt nonprofits. So they asked the IRS to hand over tax information for conservative groups such as Crossroads GPS as well as a few liberal groups such as Priorities USA.

In 2014, after getting the documents on the groups they requested, plus tax info relating to several dozen other organizations, Republicans on the House Ways and Means Committee made it all public.

They happen to be correct in 2013. As they say even a blind squirrel will find a nut now and then. Yes they made it public the irs made a mistake. I never saw those tax documents. But I did see where they pointed out the irs mistake. Seems to be ways and means should be doing the same now. But no they want a persons tax documents Public, well more like redacted documents public. This will not be the big bomb shell they hope for, like every other bomb shell it will fall flat.

But those were organizations, not people... oh wait... Republicans think Corporations are people... :cool:
And, again, millions of independent voters here want the Bill of Rights to be respected and also disagree that corporations have the same rights as people. And not all registered Republicans think corporations should have the same rights as people. But you know everything about us here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back