Trump tax returns

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, but how does that equal we get to see trumps returns?
Most of what Congress does is publicly available information. This is no different. No one would care if it was some schmo’s tax returns. People seem to care about this one…

Please don't ask questions you know the answer to. it's a waste of both of our time.
Ok but they still doesn’t answer my question. Since the 1970’s it’s been a curtesy of a person running for office of potus to show tax returns. It’s never been a requirement. Your argument is on par with me telling my significant other that I would take out the trash. Guess who didn’t take out the trash. I guess I consented to doing it but lied.

Wasted seconds turn into minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and years, of which we have so precious few...
True. But I'd prefer to work to leave the country in a better condition for future generations to enjoy (and protect in their time). The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

No, it isn't irrelevant. Why should any citizen's tax returns be publicized? As a citizen of the USA I have concerns about government over-reach regardless of who is affected. Your strawman is noted. Why is a German citizen so concerned about a former president of another country?
This again. I'm a citizen of the world. I care if a crooked racist malignant narcissist (or worse) runs the oldest and most important democracy with by far the most capable military force into the ground. He still has to answer for all he did.

The idea that he's now "just a private citizen" is pretty ludicrous if you think - just a little - about it.

Try not to think in little boxes all the time.

This again. I'm a citizen of the world. I care if a crooked racist malignant narcissist (or worse) runs the oldest and most important democracy with by far the most capable military force into the ground. He still has to answer for all he did.

The idea that he's now "just a private citizen" is pretty ludicrous if you think - just a little - about it.

Where do citizens of the world vote, and pay taxes?

JR

Except by law as described before, they Congress cannot show the returns publically.
Yes to the six years before he was President unless they vote to release it which they did. No to the years he was President. The President is supposed to publish his tax returns. It's not law now but a bill was just introduced making it law. It has bipartisan support. Really, if you don't want your finances to come under scrutiny don't run for office.

Yes to the six years before he was President unless they vote to release it which they did. No to the years he was President. The President is supposed to publish his tax returns. It's not law now but a bill was just introduced making it law. It has bipartisan support. Really, if you don't want your finances to come under scrutiny don't run for office.
Forget that it’s trump. Say it was John Doe. Congress or anyone else should not have authority to show private documents between the irs and said individual. As is currently law, said individual does not have to show them. While I do think it’s a good idea as far as transparency, it’s not law yet. Further more, it’s dangerous that Congress can vote and decide we are going to show John doe’s returns. While they have every right to view them as we have covered they do not have right to release that information. While we discuss what is kabuki political theater because it relates to one man, the impact it will have on the future and what it means for anyone is dangerous.

Forget that it’s trump. Say it was John Doe. Congress or anyone else should not have authority to show private documents between the irs and said individual.
If it was John Doe no one would know or care if the information was part of the congressional record. Except perhaps Jon Doe.

Wasn’t there already lawsuits and Trump lost every single one? Or was that strictly for accessing? Was there one for public release? If not, you can bet your ass Trump (I mean some entity) will sue the US government when they do release publicly. We shall see if they do and where that goes. Like most all the other out of thin air pure BS Trump sues for, we’ll see if it too goes absolutely nowhere too. You get a lawsuit, you get a lawsuit, everyone gets a lawsuit!

This again. I'm a citizen of the world.
No such thing.

I care if a crooked racist malignant narcissist (or worse) runs the oldest and most important democracy with by far the most capable military force into the ground.
You shouldn't talk about Barry like that. But maybe that's better than a dementia-ridden liar who never did anything of note (and who apparently ran an international influence peddling operation).

He still has to answer for all he did.
Maintaining control of the border, lowering taxes, working to bring jobs back on-shore...things like that?

You missed the point as usual.

Projection is a wonderful thing, eh? Maybe pay attention to your local problems more.

Answer what? I'm not a German citizen. While I observe your government making mistakes, I don't feel compelled to continually comment here about them. Mind your own business.
As a member here, are all not welcome to this forum and comment on anything we want? What are you here for? Certainly not to hear an outside opinion. That whole line of thought is most certainly arrogant and just plain rude. But you obviously don’t care.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back