UTM INDUSTRY audio transformers - from Poland - EU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't have a direct replacement for a UTC O-12, but you can use our versatile UTM2546 input transformer.
I found a p-12 on ebay. Just put in an order for an output tranny for the 1176 build though. Thanks again!

How long does shipping to the US normally take? Just curious since I made an order and that's all that I'm waiting on for my 1176 build.

How long does shipping to the US normally take? Just curious since I made an order and that's all that I'm waiting on for my 1176 build.
I am wondering about this as well. I never received any sort of shipping confirmation after payment, so I have no idea if my transformers are on the way or what the approximate timeframe is in which I might expect them...

I am wondering about this as well. I never received any sort of shipping confirmation after payment, so I have no idea if my transformers are on the way or what the approximate timeframe is in which I might expect them...
I ordered on June 29th I believe. I'm in California. I just got notification from a Fedex email that it had been shipped. So, I would say about 2-3 weeks for shipment and probably 7-10 days to arrive. Just a guestimate.

I'll let you know once mine arrives.

I do have a quick question for Igor. It seems that the windings on my new UTM 3581s (above) are red/green : blue/black. Since these are 1:1, I guess it doesn't matter which side is primary and which is secondary, but can you tell me which lead is which in terms of polarity?

I'm trying to make a KiCad PCB footprint for the UTM2xxx transformers. Can anyone tell me the spacing between the pins and required PCB hole diameter for the pins.

I'm trying to make a KiCad PCB footprint for the UTM2xxx transformers. Can anyone tell me the spacing between the pins and required PCB hole diameter for the pins.
Please download the UTM catalog.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-21 at 08.28.06.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-21 at 08.28.06.png
    350.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2022-07-21 at 08.28.48.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-21 at 08.28.48.png
    415.4 KB · Views: 0
I'm slow so it took some time for me to interpret the spacing between pins correctly. I didn't realize the picture was showing both pin rows. Still I'm not sure what the pin diameter is.

Attachments

• utm.png
    utm.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 0
It seems that the windings on my new UTM 3581s (above) are red/green : blue/black. Since these are 1:1, I guess it doesn't matter which side is primary and which is secondary, but can you tell me which lead is which in terms of polarity?
Since I didn't get an answer here and I can't find the 3581 in the UTM catalog (it was only recently added to the web shop, so maybe official documentation is still forthcoming, or maybe I'm looking at an outdated version of the catalog), I went ahead and gave it a test to figure out the phase of the coils. Hopefully this is useful for anyone else who might be ordering these!

UTM3581.png

Latest posts

Back