• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

8-slot Lunchbox Kit Group Buy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
michal,

Unfortunately I'll have to pass on that. Some unexpected sh*t happened  :(
sorry bout that...

I don't need rack ears as I'm going to use this as a lunchbox. However, if the Asymmetrical ears aren't that expensive, I'd like to add them to my order. Maybe I want to convert it to a 19" enclosure after a while.
But I can make them myself also, it's not much work to do because I have the necessary tools at work (for cutting, drilling, bending and powdercoating).

And Michal, I really appreciate that you're offering this groupbuy. I know this takes a lot of time and effort.

helterbelter said:
And Michal, as response to Desol's post :
I really appreciate that you're offering this groupbuy. I know this takes a lot of time and effort.

Let's not take things personally here. I never made any references to THIS actual offering.
I think it's awesome! ...and i very much appreciate people's time...for sure.

However, when you factor in...
180.00 Converted CAD (with shipping) for the basic parts.
115.00 CAD (with shipping) for the power supply
100.00 CAD (with shipping) for the external power supply enclosure
125.00 CAD for misc components, cabling, edge connectors, power transformer, switches, led's, etc
50.00 misc
+ time to build, sort out issues, etc.

Were at $570.00. Basically $600.00.

My point was, DIY ain't cheap, it adds up! Especially if done properly...
It's best not to get into DIY, if you're thinking of getting something cheap.

Agreed , " our " D.I.Y. , here is usually better , good value , but not necessarily cheaper
I find it generally speaking about 1/3 - 1/2  of retail but equal or better quality .
and yes ,  factor in someone's time sorting it all out !

Hi everyone,

I know I have set the end of the group buy to the last Monday, but I'd like to show the rack ears first to give a chance to everyone to decide if they're in or out. I think the most reasonable option is to extend that GB until then. It should take me about one more week - some delays occurred mostly because I'm stuck at home with a terrible case of flu :(

I'll keep you all updated.

M.

Hi, is there a US source for the PCB mounted A series neutriks?

I will duck out of this - it isn't really what I need right now, and I should focus on finishing some other things!

But good luck with it all.
Stewart

Hi,
Farnell stocks all the pcb mounted neutriks you need. I have also updated the list in the first post. As for rack ears, I'm still waiting for the prototype.

Michal

any update on this? i need another lunchbox very soon, would love to hold out for this one if it will be available in the near future, thanks!  :)

Hi,

Sorry for lack of updates, I was out travelling for my real job for the past couple of weeks. I'll get the list updated and post you with some news as soon as I unpack and get my stuff sorted :)

Michał

Updated the first post with some info. Sorry I won't be able to get the rack ears done on time, but I don't wanna offer something I'm not 100% happy about myself. I'll post deadlines and payment details till the end of the week.

Hi everyone,

so it's all confirmed with prices of the elements. I'll be sending private messages to everyone who expressed interest in participating asking for confirmation and shipping info. When around 80% of the people pay I'll place the orders with all the vendors and will post exact timeline. For now I can say that PCB manufacturing take the longest - around 3-4 weeks. Rest of the elements should arrive beforehand.

Michał

unfortunately ill step aside.
Its taking a bit longer that what i expected!

Keep it up Michal_K!

Latest posts

Back