• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

8-slot Lunchbox Kit Group Buy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've kind of moved on also and no longer have a need.  If you come up short and NEED people, however, I'll honor my commitment and go through with the buy.

Hi all
It s possible to be in this offer for one kit!
Maybe it s too late....

Greg

Looks like Santa came early this year! I went for the powder coating as finish for this one and I'm quite happy with how it looks. I'll go for a little bit darker colour next time.

Also, I thought I'll be able to throw the rack ears to every order as a surprise Christmas gift, but only 15 people out of 25 initially interested confirmed they're still in so I'd be loosing too much money with that arrangement. That being said I need to figure out if I'll be charging extra if someone asks for rack ears or just let everyone choose between regular or rack side panels at the same cost.

Finally, even though we have smaller volume than I thought I will steal and lie to keep the price unchanged. Keep tight and I'll be sending those invoices in the next couple of days.

Rack_Ears.JPG

That powdercoating looks great! Good I have some plastic washers around so the screws won't hurt the coating :)

I thought about protecting the coating as well but it seems to be extremely sturdy. I've already dropped the parts a few times and hit them with a screwdriver and no chipped paint so far :).

BTW I've updated the first post. From now on the group buy is closed and the list is updated to contain only the people who confirmed they order. Let's get this thing finally going  ;D

Update: I've placed orders for PCBs and aluminium rails with lead times of 3 weeks and 7 days respectively.

@echoplex: not sure if there will be a second run, but I'll PM you if I have any unclaimed racks.

I can let you know in a couple of weeks if I have any racks left if that works for you.

Today I picked up the rails that were cut to size. They look really nice, no tool marks at all.

Guys who still haven't paid. Please do it asap as I'm currently paying with my own money and I need them back for, you know, food and stuff.

gziv.jpg

Back