New Chinese U47 Style Body

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 9.43.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 9.43.35 AM.png
    348.2 KB · Views: 184
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 10.10.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 10.10.51 AM.png
    292.4 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Got it too...

It is similar to u47 but not exact... If I have enough time, I'll try to do some photos of Aputis, Two other chinese U47, Flea and first of the Peluso u47 inspired bodies ...

But for the price is the great buy ...
Did you ever get a chance to take those photos?

Nice. Can someone confirm if this will work with Dany's PCB's without too much fussing around?

UPDATE: I found Dany's PCB measurements on his site. Looks like there's a 5cm difference in width.
The frame the rails make look more like trapezoid to me, the 4.5cm must have been measured at the bottom, but if and when there is any space around you could put some washers between the rails and bottom to straighten the line and widen the frame. Not sure as haven't got one to try yet (on the video though it looks a little bit different, though). The shell looks quite thick also. What we would need is a pair of these:
http://www.tab-funkenwerk.org/product/47ribs-u47-internal-rib-supports/

Last edited:
is there a switch there?

the mesh is different but maybe more importantly these heads are still 'pingy' not damped like a proper one
replacing some/all mesh may help

The alctron body is a better fit for Dany's PCB, I'm about to start DEF-47, just waiting for some parts but been doing the planning and it seems the PCB will be a no hassle fit in that one, altough no patter selector, need to be located in the PSU.

Really interested.
You guys who bought it, could you take and post some pictures ? Curious to see what it looks like...

If we go back in time, the first run of Skylar bodies had the outer mesh (non diagonal) and he had an update for a 'correct' mesh alignment headbasket which some folks got later.

Anyway, they probably copy the specs from that first run, continuing to get the mesh mis aligned, but also copy his updated headbasket with the correct pattern and sell that too. (just speculating)

But, the upshot is, not a bad price for the headbasket. Or the mic. If I bought one I'd wait and see which headbasket arrives and then buy the headbasket if the mesh isn't correct with the one that arrives, and wait and see if that is correct. . . .

If we go back in time, the first run of Skylar bodies had the outer mesh (non diagonal) and he had an update for a 'correct' mesh alignment headbasket which some folks got later.

Anyway, they probably copy the specs from that first run, continuing to get the mesh mis aligned, but also copy his updated headbasket with the correct pattern and sell that too. (just speculating)

But, the upshot is, not a bad price for the headbasket. Or the mic. If I bought one I'd wait and see which headbasket arrives and then buy the headbasket if the mesh isn't correct with the one that arrives, and wait and see if that is correct. . . .
I thought it was the inner mesh?? In any case I'm sure its cheaper than diagonal.

I got this exact body from an eBay seller. Going to guess its the same seller based on the price and the fact that it was 100% identical to this one in every detail. Other than the standoff rails i was very impressed with the overall quality for the price.

I needed mine to re-home a Fox 47 “modded” SE mic at a client’s request. So that made it even more of an engineering task! I used some brass bar stock, lexan, and a healthy amount of spite!

Attachments

• 9D41C3EF-6ABC-41D3-968C-A2C1C4FD477A.jpeg
    9D41C3EF-6ABC-41D3-968C-A2C1C4FD477A.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 6CD132FC-B06C-4E06-9162-DB08C4063C04.jpeg
    6CD132FC-B06C-4E06-9162-DB08C4063C04.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 39052199-2E22-460F-A089-FD3B9F94810C.jpeg
    39052199-2E22-460F-A089-FD3B9F94810C.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 115
I got this exact body from an eBay seller. Going to guess its the same seller based on the price and the fact that it was 100% identical to this one in every detail. Other than the standoff rails i was very impressed with the overall quality for the price.

I needed mine to re-home a Fox 47 “modded” SE mic at a client’s request. So that made it even more of an engineering task! I used some brass bar stock, lexan, and a healthy amount of spite!
Nice work! Do you have any pictures of the headbasket and tube? Thank you

Latest posts

Back