UTM INDUSTRY audio transformers - from Poland - EU

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like budget reproduction gear like LA-2a ,1176 and Pultec from KlarkTec could have the transformers swapped out for small money , might make a worthwhile upgrade.

Hi IGS ,
great to see the range is expanding fast ,
A question about the UTM 0547 , can it be housed in a mumetal can like the other small mic input transformers ?

Just wanna thank you all for such a warm welcome. I really appreciate it.
Sorry for the long lead time, we didn't expect such a large number of orders.
This is the batch we will ship tomorrow, hope some of you will be satisfied soon. We'll do our best to ship all transformers asap.
DIY Rules!

Attachments

• IMG-4221.jpg
    IMG-4221.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
gorgous UTM trafos in copper cover :)
I am waiting almost ages for other parts (like germanium app14ge from PPA) for my project so i didn't test it yet but my measurments looks promising - very good tolerance and nice build

Attachments

• trafa.jpg
    trafa.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 174
Hey IGS, congrats on the start of your new business! Looks very promising!

I have a question concerning the UTM3590.
How much current can it take?
And the inductace measurements seem to be wrong. They indicate an impedace ratio of 10:1 which seems not to fit to the published ratios. Or do I have my math wrong?

Sorry if these questions already have been answered.

Good to know when you consider the price. Have you been able to compare with others ?
Yes i've been able to compare it with several other transformers.. My taste with transformers leans more on the colored/non transparency, so bear that in mind :) So I'd say that UTM's transformer sounds very clean and transparent. I was super pleasantly surprised when i listened to it, i'm sure its transparency could please a lot of you guys!

After the successful API 553 EQ Clone build with outstanding sound quality I will also try a UA175b ptp clone build and and l Apes PYE Compressor clone with UTMs. Very excited...
Nice!

Which UTMs will you use in the PYE? I’ve been putting off ordering the Cinemag and Edcors for that build for too long, and this might be a good opportunity to give UTM a try!

Nice!

Which UTMs will you use in the PYE? I’ve been putting off ordering the Cinemag and Edcors for that build for too long, and this might be a good opportunity to give UTM a try!
Hi, I will try for Abe's Pie/Pye Compressor the:

-3515 as Output TX 15K/600 5:1

-2571 Line Input / high Impedance TX / High Ni Content as Input T1 in 10K/10k 1:1 configuration (5K+5k Serial : 5K+5K Serial)

-2546 Interstage as T4 Sidechain Stepup in reversed 600/10K 1:4 (secondary 1k2+1K2 parallel : primary 5K+5K serial)

They should "theoretically" work without any Problems according to the datasheets...🤔. I expect the same cleaness, open behaivoir and transparency from TXs like known in the original Pyes. So I think these UTM TXs could sound the same in this Pye circuit like Lundahls or Jensens would do...my opinion👍

Attachments

• PXL_20220324_181227401.jpg
    PXL_20220324_181227401.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 102
When looking at the #3510 or #3515, what does "clamped" mean? Are these two transformers gapped and if so, how much DC can they handle? If anyone knows, thanks!

Ahh, thank you for the clarification. In the U.S. we call these "channel-frames". So, no DC on these transformers, we refer to ungapped transformers as "Parafeed". Thanks so much, I'll be placing an order on your website.

Back