FEELER - STOCKLI / EMI / FAIRCHILD style Knobs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
electrochronic said:
Announcement

I will be offering these knobs in the near future
I'm working with the factory right now on ordering.
They have finally gave in to my price point and quantity
after much negotiations. I will have sample knobs form factory
in about 1 month or so .

Black, bakelite, .250" collet 6.35mm , brass insert and setscrew.

also RCA tube console knobs will be offered, more details to come.

target price around $5 USD each
finally! ;D

electrochronic said:
original blueprint

Sorry to labour the point Frank, just want to make sure I understand you correctly.

These are knobs which you've had custom-moulded yourself to the Stockli design ?
i.e. they are not originals from Monaco!

Is that what Chandler did ? (make their own).
I can't imagine them paying the ridiculous prices that the Stockli people are asking.

electrochronic said:
Chandler made his own and they are smaller , not original spec. either. I don't know
if his are plastic or bakelite.
iirc the venerable iowan mr. chandler has plastic here.  there's always a bottom line, i suppose.  count me in for a handful, maybe two  ;).  any word on quantity, or are you planning to keep this a one-shot?

Great... I'd be looking for quite a few of these, possibly more than 20. It's a lot to splurge on knobs, but then again, if they look as good as the originals, why not?

Hey electrochronic,
That's great news...I'll take some knobs for sure. Just curious, what happened to Pete (Grand Master Audio)? Did he give up on this? The reason I ask is because I told him long ago that I'll take some from him and I wouldn't like to go back on my word.

Looking great.. Not that I'm particularly picky, but there's probably no chances of other colours, right?

electrochronic said:
There is a chance , I like the two colors below.

Pantone 200C  Br. Red
images

Pantone 431    Blue Gray
images

any thoughts ?

I like....

I need four black and two each of red and grey if you decide to go with the other colours. Otherwise just black. Thanks for this dude, I've been needing this for a long time  :)

If there was possibility of more colors... orange light, it would be interesting. I would be for 4 red and 18 oranges...

electrochronic said:
There is a chance , I like the two colors below.

Pantone 200C  Br. Red
images

Pantone 431    Blue Gray
images

any thoughts ?

Exactly what I need. If these were available for buying, say, next month, I'd go for 6 red, 4 grey and 6 black.

grey,red and black are excellent choices  ;D
i would like to see maybe in purple as it's my favourite colour.. maybe someday :D

Latest posts

Back