GroupdDIY 511 Racks: round 5.5 available

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sahib, would it be possible to provide us dimensions for the racks?  I'm playing around with some cad software and I would like to import some specs.

Time has come. All in stock now.

53 kits are packed and being shipped to Jeff  next Monday or Tuesday at the latest. This is for US/Canada sales. Therefore guys in these regions should contact Jeff directly.

Although I will also be shipping Volker's batch we both will handle UK/EC and rest of the world. You may contact me at [email protected] with your shipping address. Do not worry about who you are going to receive it from. We will contact you with the payment details.

Thank you all for your support. Without your commitments this project would not have happened.

awesome!
Originally there was talk about a group shipment to australia.  Whilst I would still be happy to organise this I will be in SE asia for the next 6 weeks so it will be difficult for me.  I don't know if anybody else wants to step up to the plate?

M

Absolutely no problem.

Anyway that makes the shipping as cost effective as possible. Let's communicate.

mylesgm said:
Originally there was talk about a group shipment to australia?

I want 2 units ..... regarding group ship, at what level does tax and duties get generally applied in Oz? I would imagine shipping just a couple of flat packed racks may get thru as a personal item and incur minmal costs if anything. But if we group shipped a larger number, are we going to get hit for dutoies and taxes and how much would that be? Anyone know?

I am in Sydney, so it will be messy shipping between cities, might be better to consider 1 x for Melbourne, another 1 x for Sydney.

Michael

Spiritworks said:
For those of us on the original list in North America, how will payment and shipping be handled at this time?
I am working on this now. Should post back in a little while with the steps to get this all going.

I really don't want to accept any funds until Shaib says "Jeff, this big heavy box has officially been shipped". I think he said it will leave him next Monday or Tuesday.

So, we will prepare to start the "end game"!!  ;D

Cheers and hold tight, Jeff

OK everyone. I have created a GoogleDoc so we can easily track our progress as we close out the first batch of kits. This batch actually pertains to the first 101 GDIY 511 rack kits. I will be using this Doc for all of the units sold through Classicapi. I assume Volker and Sahib will use it as well. Thanks to Peterc for the great idea!  ;)

The link to the spreadsheet is here.

For all of those in North America who made the cut off for the first batch of kits, please send me an email that includes the following:

1. Your reservation number shown in column A of the GoogleDoc.
2. Prodigy Forum name (this is crucial!)
3. Regular name
4. Complete ship to address
5. Phone #, especially for the ones in Canada and Mexico.
6. Your PayPal email address (this is where I will send your invoice)
7. Please put “511 ship to” or something similar in the email subject line. (I get a lot of emails these days and don’t want to miss one of these)

Please double check and make sure that “classicapi” is listed as your GDIY retailer in column G.
Then please send that email to sales @ classicapi . com

From that point, I will compile shipping costs and generate a PayPal invoice. This will take a few days or so, so please be patient like you all have been through this.

All updates as far as status of the big crate and so on will be posted on this thread as usual.

BTW, If you are already a classicapi store customer, just tell me “hey, I’m a customer under John Doe” or whatever. I’ll get your ship to from my database. I recognize some of your Prodigy names and have marked that I have your ship to info on file. I apologize if you are a customer and I haven’t put 2 and 2 together.

Cheers all, Jeff

mylesgm said:
awesome!
Originally there was talk about a group shipment to australia.  Whilst I would still be happy to organise this I will be in SE asia for the next 6 weeks so it will be difficult for me.  I don't know if anybody else wants to step up to the plate?

M

I didn't make the first order for these.  :(

I pretty sure $1000 and over will need 10% + and sit in customs for 3 weeks anyway.

cheers

> regarding group ship, at what level does tax and duties get generally applied in Oz?

Just under 1000aud for the unit+shipping is the point at which taxes will certaimly be levied.
Those taxes are up to 22% : 10% goods and services tax and up to 12% duty, depending on the item.

Anything over 900aud including shipping will get you a 'please explain' from customs but they are likely to let you
off if you say 'not for resale - home use only'

I usually try to stay below 800aud for a trouble free import for a single item.

Still, there's no guarrantee even then, particularly if you use Fedex.
They have some real zealous import brokers.

Cheers

jsteiger said:
OK everyone. I have created a GoogleDoc so we can easily track our progress as we close out the first batch of kits. This batch actually pertains to the first 101 GDIY 511 rack kits. I will be using this Doc for all of the units sold through Classicapi. I assume Volker and Sahib will use it as well. Thanks to Peterc for the great idea!  ;)

The link to the spreadsheet is here.

For all of those in North America who made the cut off for the first batch of kits, please send me an email that includes the following:

1. Your reservation number shown in column A of the GoogleDoc.
2. Prodigy Forum name (this is crucial!)
3. Regular name
4. Complete ship to address
5. Phone #, especially for the ones in Canada and Mexico.
6. Your PayPal email address (this is where I will send your invoice)
7. Please put “511 ship to” or something similar in the email subject line. (I get a lot of emails these days and don’t want to miss one of these)

Please double check and make sure that “classicapi” is listed as your GDIY retailer in column G.
Then please send that email to sales @ classicapi . com

From that point, I will compile shipping costs and generate a PayPal invoice. This will take a few days or so, so please be patient like you all have been through this.

All updates as far as status of the big crate and so on will be posted on this thread as usual.

BTW, If you are already a classicapi store customer, just tell me “hey, I’m a customer under John Doe” or whatever. I’ll get your ship to from my database. I recognize some of your Prodigy names and have marked that I have your ship to info on file. I apologize if you are a customer and I haven’t put 2 and 2 together.

Cheers all, Jeff

Jeff is correct. We are all working to GoogleDoc.  Please when you are contacting me and Volker provide the same information.

Hi Jeff,

Seeing that there's more demand to the units than supply, I have decided to pull out and make room for the first one that couldn't make it to the list. Since Sahib and I are brothers, I guess I can get one done for myself at some point later. I was not going to use the rack immediately anyway. So I'd appreciate it if you could take my name off the list and give way to the first chap in line.

Kind regards.

B.

Hi,

Great work.

Can I get a confimation on the UK £ price of the rack?  Also the psu kit, what is included in this? 

I was a bit vague with my order so I'm not on the list for PSU kit, is it too late to add a PSU as well the rack I'm down for?

Thanks

Back