GroupdDIY 511 Racks: round 5.5 available

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have only just received the cost for the PSU case from the fabricator. I need few days to work out the sale price. Of course after I discuss it with Volker and Jeff.

However, for the guys in UK, I can fix you with a PSU, don't worry.

OK. I'm up to date with all the emails I have received so far. The spreadsheet reflects that.

Still got a lot to go. Keep them coming guys!!

Thanks, Jeff  :)

Hi Jeff,

i just saw in the spreadsheet that there is no x for my psu kit. could you please add this.

thanks

i am also asking to have a power supply included in the kit please. I have emailed with the asked info
Thanks
Ian

Any chance of getting a second list going for the next round of racks, I wanna make sure I dont miss out, I want 2 racks please and 1 power supply if that will drive 2 fully loaded racks - if it doesn't then 2 power supplies.

Michael

Junction said:
Any chance of getting a second list going for the next round of racks, I wanna make sure I dont miss out, I want 2 please.

Michael

Agreed, I'll take 1 with PSU for now.

mylesgm said:
I've just received an email from cemal at models (at) ozturk.co.uk regarding my 51x order. Could someone confirm who this is?

Cheers
M
Cemal = Sahib. Ozturk and Robotica are both Cemal's companies.

Don't be alarmed. All is good.  ;D

Cheers, Jeff

Hi Jeff-
I wanted to get my hands on a psu as well as the rack itself.  I don't see an x for that, so mark me down for one if there are enough left.  Thanks!

ledogboy said:
Hi Jeff-
I wanted to get my hands on a psu as well as the rack itself.  I don't see an x for that, so mark me down for one if there are enough left.  Thanks!
Yes, you are marked for a PSU. All is good.  ;)

chinchaigo said:
Hi Jeff, i have just checked the spreadsheet and found out there is no psu kit for me. could you please add one for me? thanks!
Done.  8)

What AC connector will you use on the PSU AC input?
I strongly suggest using a Neutrik PowerCon, which is lockable, much more easier to assemble rather than IEC320s, made in Europe instead of China and needs a "simple" D-shaped hole.
Moreover, you'll probably end up having a super nice price for PowerCons since you've already bought a massive amount of XLR connectors from Neutrik.

Any news on the PSU price?

Ok, call me anal...but would it not be prudent to provide full pricing details and psu details at this stage...

We're being asked to confirm things, yet not knowing exactly what it is we are getting or how much it will cost. I don't mean to sound unappreciative, and i know you guys have done a great job so far. but I for one would like to know these things.

And I would too.  I've been asking for pricing since this started.  We've received a couple guesstimates but not much else.

Well, the pricing for the racks themselves has not changed.

USD 300 / EUR 215 / GBP 185 without any PSU connector (from page 2 of this massive thread!) Shipping will be in addition to these. My cost is your cost for the shipping.

I'm 99.9% sure that the only part of the PSU that will be shipping with the initial rack kits is Volker's PCB for them. He may have published this PCB price but I don't recall. Therefore, I will wait for him to say since they are his and I am merely the conduit. He will also be providing a BOM for the PSU.

FWIW, I am working on stocking custom toroidal trafo's that will have 115V primaries and multiple secondaries to cover bipolar 16V, bipolar 24V and 48V for phantom. This is a rather large investment and I am confirming the specs with Volker before I officially place this order. In the interim, multiple stock value toroidals could easily be used.

Cheers, Jeff

Svart said:
oh sorry, I thought the context was that the 300usd price was a swag, not a firm price.
Quite all right.

It may change a little on future batches but firm as can be for the current 101 we are working on.

Latest posts

Back