PRR-176 REV 4 Build Thread ***Manual up!***1/16/14 - (chk 1st post)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Anyone recall if/what the errors might have been on the first revision #1 of the PRR_176 by ACSound. I'm starting a build on one soon and wanted to find out if anyone still had this. If I recall the very first edition had some things that needed changed and jumpered to get it going smoothly?

Anyone recall if/what the errors might have been on the first revision #1 of the PRR_176 by ACSound. I'm starting a build on one soon and wanted to find out if anyone still had this. If I recall the very first edition had some things that needed changed and jumpered to get it going smoothly?
There are older PRR 176 threads that should cover these questions.

Memory loss? I always suspected that there's something up with AI ;)

Just kidding. What other topics did you see disappear? Question would indeed be why would they disappear...

Anyone recall if/what the errors might have been on the first revision #1 of the PRR_176 by ACSound
One IC audio path (on input?) not connecting, and the entire PSU was said to be noisy.

IIRC, the solution was to mount diode bridge and smoothing caps (plus extra smoothing?) off board and wire-jump diodes on board -- but my memory is vague concerning this.

That thread really gone?

If you look at the URL on this thread for instance, the title is in the adress. I think that's from the forum software swap (xenforo). Before you'd see URL:s like above. So if the thread is still there, it'll have a new URL with the thread title in it.
Oh believe me I've tried every option I can think of in a loop to locate that missing thread. Searching forums with every variation of the project name, searching title or old link in the wayback machine, webspidering the forum with alternate portions of the link address to see if it pops up that way, still searching.

What other topics did you see disappear?
I can't remember. But will be sure to point it out when I come across one again. It's definitely usually older stuff. There's that error and then there's one where you don't have permission to view this thread or something....
Is there or was there ever a PRR 176 ver1 thread?

Almost done here with mine though I ordered meters from Hairball Audio, these below and they don't fit the collective cases in any way shape or form that I can wiggle them into. I have to bend the bottom of the case way out to almost get the left meter to fit, the right one there just isn't enough play in the bottom of the case.

https://www.hairballaudio.com/catalog/parts-store/panel-meters/8027-wf-1ma-meter
I'm half tempted to sand off a millimeter and a half of the bottom of the meter to get it to fit.

Anyone else build their PRR_176 into the Collective Cases unit and have a workaround or alternate narrower meter they used?

Latest posts

Back