GroupdDIY 511 Racks: round 5.5 available

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YAY that means we must be getting close!

Jeff, do I have to reserve any channels in this thread too?  I think I'll be going for 4 or 6 channels and some blanks too.

Svart said:
YAY that means we must be getting close!
Yes, everyday we get a little closer!  ;D

Jeff, do I have to reserve any channels in this thread too?  I think I'll be going for 4 or 6 channels and some blanks too.
I should be in pretty good shape on the preamps I believe. Plus, they are already handled thru the store software with stock and everything so reserving gets a little complicated. When we update this thread for payment, I would recommend buying the preamps. I could always hold them until I have the rack parts in hand and ready to ship. We still have a little bit of clerical work to wrap up behind the scenes. That is part of the location requests.

Regards, Jeff

That's cool.  I don't know exactly how many preamps I will purchase until I know the total price of the rack and accessories.

Thanks everyone!

I think that all of the initial 100 are spoken for, but I'd like to put my name down for a rack and PSU kit as soon as an additional batch is made! Thanks so much!

Is there an "order list" somewhere? I'm not sure if I'm signed up for run #2 with the addition of an internal psu?

thanks
christoph

Fortunately I just this thread.  Unfortunately I just found this thread.  I'd like to be added to the list for a rack + power supply from Jeff.
jca

Hi Jeff,
you were missing my location info.  It's Brooklyn, NY.  I'll pm you specifics if you need at this point (I ordered some preamps from you two months ago so you might have it already).

crisotop said:
Is there an "order list" somewhere? I'm not sure if I'm signed up for run #2 with the addition of an internal psu?

thanks
christoph

me am puzzled too...order list?
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

M.

names on the reservation list for the first 100:

JamesW
fazeka
iomegaman
Barish
mylesgm
Svart
Brolik
jensenmann
fluxivity
wtmnmf
Tungstengruvsten
1954U1
Grooveteer
flaheu
Apache5
barney
RedNoise
Mike D
neujan
mata_haze
oceres
jdbakker
Skylar
delaymix
MATTI
TCM
Denyle Guitars
shabtek
chinchaigo
CroatianSensation
RAM
TomWaterman
Ptownkid
janczmok
julianzizko
ledogboy
dandeurloo
Undercarriage
Biasrocks
erockomania
benlindell
wowi
mylesgm
Holger
inqvi
morbleu
ChuckD
evm1024
mistasanshou
owel
imo
noulou
ultra-alex
ericjazz
darnell
haima
Andre
doubleroger
briomusic
stereokillah
RedNoise
kazper
Rafita
Sredna
BR
okgb
lotus
canidoit
Harpo
onlymeeee
R3
crisotop
bugfight
AudioCommand
Carlos Lima
mokkinger
Spiritworks
mark.james
Brizco
kakumei47
suli
buschfsu
ryansteele
bplastic77
johnnyscotch
Tajmoben
DIYnoob!
Bashert
ddageek
needlz
unlikekurt
paulfergy
berre
mainmachine

thanks volker - so I'm on the list for the first 100. If anyone urgently waiting, I'd be happy to swap, since I really want one with built in psu.

best, christoph

Wow ..... I made the top of a list!!

Jeff / Volker   Do you have details on the PSU that you will sell in NorthAmerica? I would like to do what I can to get started on this project.

Transformer VA for voltages?
BOM for board parts fit?
custom wound transformer?

crisotop said:
thanks volker - so I'm on the list for the first 100. If anyone urgently waiting, I'd be happy to swap, since I really want one with built in psu.

best, christoph

if you don't want yours, I'll take it ;) I got bumped to the back of the line when I thought I couldn't afford to take on another project. oh the regrets!!

JamesW said:
Jeff / Volker   Do you have details on the PSU that you will sell in NorthAmerica? I would like to do what I can to get started on this project.

Transformer VA for voltages?
BOM for board parts fit?
custom wound transformer?

Jeff wants to sell my PSU PCB, and I'm fine with this :)
I use a custom wound transformer, but with the weight of 2KG it wouldn't be economic to ship them to the US (at least not with DHL which I would have to use)
my transformer is 133VA with 5 secondaries,
2 x 24V / 2 x 1,50A
2 x 16V / 2 x 1,50A
1 x 48V / 1 x 0,25A
will try to get a BOM together as fast as possible.

Svart said:
I don't think there will be one with a built-in PSU.. Will there?

I have done a preliminary design but I am not thinking of taking it any further at the moment. Instead I have just finalised  the design for 19" 2ru power supply case with four seperate connector outputs whether they are 7 pin neutric or 9 pin of my choice. As both types have the same foot print for panel cut out it allows you to pick'n mix. The case is also sufficiently large to accommodate two transformers and four PCBs which will probably give enough juice to power 8 x 511.

Latest posts

Back