PRR-176 REV 4 Build Thread ***Manual up!***1/16/14 - (chk 1st post)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the 8 mounting pins for on middle of the DOA's? Do these need to get put on also? Again I also want to double check that my 1mA meters will work like in Rev2. Also I noticed on the BOM that 4 of those 1000uf caps should be 50v as per the silkscreen and not 25v, is this correct?

ding said:
What are the 8 mounting pins for on middle of the DOA's? Do these need to get put on also? Again I also want to double check that my 1mA meters will work like in Rev2. Also I noticed on the BOM that 4 of those 1000uf caps should be 50v as per the silkscreen and not 25v, is this correct?

Hi,
Those 8 pins are for if you want to replace some dip 8 opamps...works like a charm in some places...like some consoles. But with this project you could choose to mount them this way or not. doesn't matter.

Your 1ma meter will work just fine :)

Duh! I need to fix the BOM....yes follow the silk screen. Not a huge deal if you got all 25v but 50v should last a little longer in that position

Dip 8 is a cheaper solution fir this project, i take the duo route
And..as the abe's doas anyway have false pinout. The dip8 give you more possibilities

about 2520 DOAs...
what does mean "3k-5k" resistor?
3k? 5k? 4k? which determines this resistor value?

mrdarwin said:
about 2520 DOAs...
what does mean "3k-5k" resistor?
3k? 5k? 4k? which determines this resistor value?
I just chose 3k but I would be interested in the answer just for curiosities sake.

If output transformer is used, which components I can omit?
and old question:
50ma is ok for all ic's?
Thanks

ilfungo said:
If output transformer is used, which components I can omit?
and old question:
50ma is ok for all ic's?
Thanks

You will need more than 50ma for the ics...well I guess depending on what type of ICs you end up using. But just get a big enough transformer and you will be fine. I think I am using a 50VA in one and it doesn't even get warm...

If you use an output transformer you can omit the 5532 output stage and the resistors and caps around it...you can check the schematic or I'll eventually post it in the BOM.

Thanks to all
problem solved,wrong label.....
by Don audio:

Blue 18v / 0.4A
yellow 18v / 1.2A.
red 120v 50mA.

for me label on my transformer:
Blue 18v / 0.4A
green 18v / 50mA
red 120V/ 1.2A
Sorry and thanks!

P.S. " If you use an output transformer you can omit the 5532 output stage and the resistors and caps around it...you can check the schematic or I'll eventually post it in the BOM.
"
Please!!!
Can you explain the input option?
Thanks

Latest posts

Back